Creative metal workers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach I
351c 2v
highly optioned

67 Mustang Convertible
1 of 35 Diamond Blue
Survivor
Who was it ..... that likes to make things out of metal. I lost the PM's from last year.

I have FINALLY found 2 original clips to fix my power window issue!!! I need somebody to make 10 clips to put the bezels back onto the base for each power window switch. I'll try to take a pick. the metal needs to have some spring to it very thin blah blah blah.

http://www2.cougarpartscatalog.com/70swclip.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I use binder clips to make spring steel parts. They are cheep and work well. You can hammer them flat to get a 4"x2" piece. You can make most needed items from it.

I use binder clips to make spring steel parts. They are cheep and work well. You can hammer them flat to get a 4"x2" piece. You can make most needed items from it.
INTERESTING!!!! and creative! Any advice on this? LOL I need an instrucition book

I would cover the outside with blue tape, cut it flush at all edges. When you peal it off, you have a perfect pattern to cut your metal pieces. I would probably use a grinder or cut off wheel to cut away everything that is outside the pattern. ....... Another way, you could scribe the metal then cut to the line. but it's easy to go over the line. I think the tape will work better.

Back