Snowy day..Did not stop me from going shooting ;)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting ready to do some of that myself . ::thumb::

What an awesome natural shooting range!
It is...So many canyons like that in the hills behind my house..great place to really pull off some rounds..and safe place..alot of fields on top of horse heaven hills...so alot of top soil blows off the mountains...So besides the rocks..atleast nice soft dirt to catch the rounds.

When you can shoot into the canyon and still enjoy the sky.... you will be a master.....grasshoppah
True..lol..I go out for the air and views, just as much as the joy of shooting....glad i can get up there in 5 min...Nice thing about living in the country or small town sometimes..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree even for fishing only 5 minute drive from our loca lake/state par. Keystme where a guy caught a fish that was tagged from local auto dealership/got a new truck and cash.

i agree even for fishing only 5 minute drive from our loca lake/state par. Keystme where a guy caught a fish that was tagged from local auto dealership/got a new truck and cash.
Ohh yes..and when it comes to fishing....I can be to the river in less than a min walking..hehe..I live right on a river....Sometimes its in flood stage it is high enough to fish from my back yard..lol

I have yet to catch a tagged fish thou...But some of my realitives have got 300 dollar tag for squawfish before..lol

I'm totally jealous! Nice Mosin - I have three that I bought / restored (One for me and each of my boys). Performed trigger mods on all three and they all have a nice, clean break at 6 lbs. Don't know if you re-load or not, but I have some good 7.65x54R "recipes" I could share.

Best ,

Dwighht

I'm totally jealous! Nice Mosin - I have three that I bought / restored (One for me and each of my boys). Performed trigger mods on all three and they all have a nice, clean break at 6 lbs. Don't know if you re-load or not, but I have some good 7.65x54R "recipes" I could share.

Best ,

Dwighht
Ohh yes.I sure do reload...And even pour my own lead sometimes...I have not loaded any 7.62 yet..so much surplus ammo and most of it unreloadble copper coated crap with the berdan primer..but i could imagine it really kicks arse with a good load behind it....And we got 3 mosins too..lol..great bang for the buck...one is a tooli ex sniper "has the fill marks inside the breach" And it does seem to be the sharper shooter out of the group. and has a way nicer trigger pull than any of the others...i have not messed with the trigger pull on them yet "plus i keep shooting the old sniper version mostly" lol

Man what a nice set-up! It's about a 45 min drive for me to get to a place where I can shoot my rifles and it'll set me back $20 in range fees. I need to get out of this state!
Ohh my..That sucks...Have you ever checked a local map around you and see if there is any BLM land close by? Even in the anti gun state of cali..It is still legal to shoot on any BLM land..."bueral of land managment" Long as you have a safe back drop and not shooting over marked out trails "with signed marked trails and not close to town" Its good to check the map..You will find out some farmers will act like they own the land..But even if the lease the land..They have no right to keep you off it...and cannot stop you from shooting on it...I looked up the laws really good on this one..Was suprized to see cali had the same as WA when it come to BLM land..Which is the people's land anyways..lol...Pretty much where i shoot...I sometimes go to the range and pay...but i was looking for other places to shoot and was surpized how much BLM land is out there to shoot on...that most do not know about.

Back