• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

72 HO for sale on Ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1, 2003 Cobra coupe
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super-Rare-1972-Boss-351-HO-Mustang-Mach1-/220743337636?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item33655406a4

The description says only surface rust. WTH - they think I'm blind - the car is sitting outside rusting away. A little primer and a new panel here and there does NOT make it a rust free car. :dodgy: Well - if he did a bunch of work on it than show some recent pictures. Doh.

On Dec-29-10 at 19:04:13 PST, the seller (on Ebay) added the following information:

(I guess) it should be noted that this car like the 429 car he is selling on a seperate auction, has recieved a lot of work to the undercarriage.

1. entire undercarriage has been sandblasted

2. Then sprayed with PPG's DP40 epoxy primer.

3. all seams filled with flexible seam sealer

4. primed again

5. Top coated with an Acrylic enamel chasis black with hardner

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Vamach, I think you're reading it wrong. When he says "zero rust" I think he means all the rust holes look like zeros. :p

I'm always interested in trivia, so can anybody here authenticate his statement - was this a real option?

"This car was basically a detuned Boss 351, produced for approximately six months and producing only 333 cars.

Far more rare than a Boss 351"

Mark

72Mike,

According to "Mustang ... by the Numbers (1967 -1973)", there were 19 (nineteen) 351HO-4V Hardtops; 366 Fastbacks; and 13 Convertible for a total of 398 351HO-4V for 1972.

So Yes, the 1972 351HO is much rarer than the 1971 Boss 351 which came in with 1,806 units (all Fast Backs).

BT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super-Rare-1972-Boss-351-HO-Mustang-Mach1-/220743337636?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item33655406a4

The description says only surface rust. WTH - they think I'm blind - the car is sitting outside rusting away. A little primer and a new panel here and there does NOT make it a rust free car. :dodgy: Well - if he did a bunch of work on it than some some recent pictures. Doh
I'm tired of seeing all these cars with ZERO RUST...I can't tell you how many i've looked at that say "ZERO RUST" & low & behold rust..If it has 1 pin speck of rust THAT"S NOT ZERO RUST" So I've learned that when the ad say's zero rust..Expect to see rust ! MY CAR IS ZERO RUST !!! at least every area I have repaired so far:) & nice repair to the left frt frame rail. i'd go the $500.00 but no more than a grand & that's going by the pic's to put that car together correctly (paying a competent shop) easy $18,000...then you need the correct parts on top of it..Not a project for the faint hearted. JMO

well the rear passenger floor pan has rust holes, and whats with the bondo on the drivers floor pan and under the pedals ? zero rust my arse !!!

personally id rather have the firebird in his other auction ! general motors or not im thinking ( EAST BOUND AND DOWN LOAD IT UP AND TRUCK IT ).......

Latest posts

Back