Great Lincoln video

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love them too. I have 5 in my stable and am still searching for a 6th. I would love to have a 47 Continental MK1 vert.

I can't say that they offer much nowadays that I would be interested in though. I'm on a Lincoln's forum and we over there have high hopes that the "new" Lincoln Motor Company will build a decent luxury sedan based on the 61 to 65 slabside suicide door cars. BTW the one I'm currently restoring is a 61 sedan.

The lincoln hobby is expensive and difficult due to a lack of decent reproduction parts. Either it's not available, poorly reproduced and most often highly overpriced. For example one door weatherstrip will cost you more than the entire set of rubber for a stang.

I love them too. I have 5 in my stable and am still searching for a 6th. I would love to have a 47 Continental MK1 vert.

I can't say that they offer much nowadays that I would be interested in though. I'm on a Lincoln's forum and we over there have high hopes that the "new" Lincoln Motor Company will build a decent luxury sedan based on the 61 to 65 slabside suicide door cars. BTW the one I'm currently restoring is a 61 sedan.

The lincoln hobby is expensive and difficult due to a lack of decent reproduction parts. Either it's not available, poorly reproduced and most often highly overpriced. For example one door weatherstrip will cost you more than the entire set of rubber for a stang.
Cool I remember seeing a Linc as a kid and the bloke that owned it showed me what was suppose to be real diamonds set in the rear port lights form memory :huh: Is this right in any way or has the recollection got misdirected over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard of Lincoln using real diamonds in their cars. Urban myth or owner customization I suspect.
Good story to tell a 10yr old kid I suspect lol I remember him saying something about diamonds cheeky bugger:dodgy: some connection I can no longer remember. It did have gold engraved name plates inside I remember that much at least and a wicked dark red interior I thought they was cool,outside was a crappy creamy colour. I also seem to remember there was something about the clock. Really don't know anymore but looks like I was had :)

I am currently building a 55 Mercedes 300B for a local DR. (will post pics when done) now there is some expensive parts.

I've never heard of Lincoln using real diamonds in their cars. Urban myth or owner customization I suspect.
Looks like the memory was wrong. Asked dad about that Lincoln as I couldn't stop trying to work out what was different or special about that car. The red I remember was red stripes in the seats:s according to dad. Lincolns aren't that common here so that's about the end of any accurate information on my behalf. Should of payed attention instead of dribbling around his 65 galaxie vert

Cool I remember seeing a Linc as a kid and the bloke that owned it showed me what was suppose to be real diamonds set in the rear port lights form memory :huh: Is this right in any way or has the recollection got misdirected over the years.
Quartz in the glass. Unique to the '78 Diamond Jubilee Edition Continental Mark V:

4633414057_b7030682b1.jpg

FYI: 1970's Lincolns exist to warn Ford enthusiasts that too many neat options can become one neat headache. It's all there in one annoyance-filled package: Power vent windows, Hydroboost, your choice of a smogged 400 or 460, armrests that always break, cheap window switches, thinner gauge steel on '79s (300 pound weight reduction for Continental and Mark V that year), vinyl roofs that trap moisture, 300cfm 2150 carbs on the 400 (or the emissions 4350 for the 460) and a general bad build quality.

Most folks know it too, as a careful shopper can pick up a visually mint, low-mileage, Mark V or '75-79 Continental for under $6,500 - just before the rust makes itself known under the vinyl. Good runners at $3,5k, projects at $500. None of them worth the price, IMO.

-Kurt

A doc in the hood here that comes out on occassion to show his two prize possessions has one of THESE!!!

1936-lincoln-001-2.jpg

from my understanding there are only a handful. He also has a

std_1936cadillac_series90-v16-limousine.jpg

the Caddy came from Warner Brothers and said to be one of 3? I may not have all my info exact...but ya get the idea. Neither are restored and run fantastic and really awesome condition. We do a Wounded Warrior fund raiser and he puts them in our "Buy a Ride" set up. We charge 25.00 to ride in the car of your choice and 100% goes to the fund raiser. Last year cars rides alone raised somewhere around 1500.00 and tha Po PO let us give the people a show on the rides.... one KR 500 hitting speeds of 115 to 125 with the Po PO riding along behind him :D

A doc in the hood here that comes out on occassion to show his two prize possessions has one of THESE!!!

1936-lincoln-001-2.jpg

from my understanding there are only a handful. He also has a

std_1936cadillac_series90-v16-limousine.jpg

the Caddy came from Warner Brothers and said to be one of 3? I may not have all my info exact...but ya get the idea. Neither are restored and run fantastic and really awesome condition. We do a Wounded Warrior fund raiser and he puts them in our "Buy a Ride" set up. We charge 25.00 to ride in the car of your choice and 100% goes to the fund raiser. Last year cars rides alone raised somewhere around 1500.00 and tha Po PO let us give the people a show on the rides.... one KR 500 hitting speeds of 115 to 125 with the Po PO riding along behind him :D

Really like that 37 ? Lincoln!!!

Good story.

Ray

And you could walk into a Lincoln dealership and order a Pantera.

I have seen a few of the 12 cyl at car shows, beautiful cars. The corporate folks killed the brand.
Yeah Ray.... both are limos. I'm not sure how many Lincolns were produced but the Caddy for that year is suppose to be 3. His are both 10 footers and in my opinion dont need restoration...leave them as survivors. Both were both were VERY high dollar from auctions.

Back