Christmas present from Dynacorn - Cowl replacement

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spechti

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 (under restoration), 1973 Lincoln Mark IV (show boat)
Hi,

I just saw this on the Dynacorn page. No more used cowl clip hunting on graveyards! The whole metal upper and lower shell including air funnels is now reproduced. Although it is the version for non-A/C cars, I am sure it can be easily modified for use on A/C Mustangs.

2 years too late for me (mine were custom manufactured by the metal workshop), but maybe right in time for the one or other among us!

Happy motoring!

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it seems they are sold as a kit (upper and lower shell) for approximately $460 at dealers like NPD.

When I checked some weeks ago, it wasn't there.

NPD 460.00

Ohio Mustang 425.00:)

The cowl has been out for a little over a year.

New items are full door shells

Custom door shells with no handle holes

A piller kick panel area metal assemlies

NPD 460.00

Ohio Mustang 425.00:)

The cowl has been out for a little over a year.

New items are full door shells

Custom door shells with no handle holes

A piller kick panel area metal assemlies
Kick panel?
+1...got a pic of that Don?

Wow! Great to hear stuff is coming strong for our years of Mustangs.

Only a matter of time when complete new bodies will be available for the 71-73 Mach1, like for the previous years...;)

Unfortunately the bodywork on my car is all done and the project is almost finished, except engine, which wil hopefully drop back in the car this spring (it is in the machine shop at the moment). So I do not need any sheetmetal anymore for the next years. But I think they will be very helpful for others.

Well they are making more stuff but I doubt they will ever make a body shell

Anyway, the number one topic on my wish list is a 71-72 urethane front bumper repro...

Not to resurrect an old thread or hi-jack the thread, but does this work for an A/C car? I have a 1972 and a 1973 that both will need cowls in the future. Both are factory A/C equipped. Can this cowl be modified? anyone with pictures of the A/C cowl and the non A/C cowl? what are the differences?

Not to resurrect an old thread or hi-jack the thread, but does this work for an A/C car? I have a 1972 and a 1973 that both will need cowls in the future. Both are factory A/C equipped. Can this cowl be modified? anyone with pictures of the A/C cowl and the non A/C cowl? what are the differences?
You need to save and move three brackets for the a/c box and blower assemble

Cap the LH top hat or remove it and weld in a patch.

OK thanks, I think I know what you mean. Other than the standard pictures of the cowl on your website and others, is there a better series of pictures showing the exact areas you mention. I ask because later this summer (about June/July) I will be starting to disassemble a 1973 Mustang coupe and want to start collecting the sheet metal. But I only want to buy what I need and what fits.

OK thanks, I think I know what you mean. Other than the standard pictures of the cowl on your website and others, is there a better series of pictures showing the exact areas you mention. I ask because later this summer (about June/July) I will be starting to disassemble a 1973 Mustang coupe and want to start collecting the sheet metal. But I only want to buy what I need and what fits.
Sorry no other pictures

You will need to have them both on hand to see / locate the brackets

Here's a picture of the two A/C brackets I transfered from my old cowl panel (pictured) to the new Dynacorn one. I drilled out the spot welds for the left side air inlet and welded in a flat sheet metal plate to fill the hole so it looked like the original A/C cowl panel.

Michael

100_2414.jpg

Back