Heater hose firewall seal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Does anyone have one of these they could measure dimensions of for me? These are not reproduced and I have not found anyone in the marketplace willing to help out with sourcing one or providing the material. I think I have located the proper foam to make my own, just need to know the dimensions.

P1010146.JPG

If you could get the thickness :shrug2:, overall length, width, and centerline dimensions to the two heater hose holes I would appreciate it. As always thank you in advance to the best mustang family there is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, I looked when I went and pulled the wire clips off of it. It is also gone. I went back looking for some of the foam material and couldn't find anything comparable.

I just looked on eBay motors. There is a whole assembly there with good pictures. Listed as 1971 mustang heater box core. I believe vendor was "steed". Appears to be about 6" by 3" radiused on each end. Its black and about 1-1/4" thick, near as I could tell. I was thinking one of those Maguire's foam pads could be cut down to fit. If too thick it will compress.

I looked again at ebay. The thickness looks more like 3/4” or 5/8. And it appears to be made from a HVAC product called Armaflex, the material was used as an insulation material. I use it in my tool chest for cut to fit nut driver organizing. Good luck.

I just looked on eBay motors. There is a whole assembly there with good pictures. Listed as 1971 mustang heater box core. I believe vendor was "steed". Appears to be about 6" by 3" radiused on each end. Its black and about 1-1/4" thick, near as I could tell. I was thinking one of those Maguire's foam pads could be cut down to fit. If too thick it will compress.

I looked again at ebay. The thickness looks more like 3/4” or 5/8. And it appears to be made from a HVAC product called Armaflex, the material was used as an insulation material. I use it in my tool chest for cut to fit nut driver organizing. Good luck.
Thank you. I have emailed the seller, but would still appreciate others help in case the seller does not want to help me out. I can't afford to buy the whole box just for that seal.

I ran down there and measured it really quick, from the engine bay side. The holes are 2 1/2" apart. The seal looks to be about 5" long and 2" high, not sure about the thickness though. However my seal does not look like the one in the picture, it looks like it's sealed from the interior.

Is it an AC car? Those do seal from the inside and are visible outside. If it were AC it would be larger and rounded on the passanger side. I have not heard that they seal from the inside out. Thank you for looking.

Hi Brian,

Wish I could help you out here but my car has A/C. As mentioned above 71steed has a box with a seal on ebay. He sells parts on here also and maybe he could just trace the seal on a piece of paper for you and send to you. How about some more pics of the engine bay to see where your at.

Jeff

2u47qx3.jpg

Back