Caltracs and Subframe Connectors

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justinc1973

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
Hello out there. Anyone running Caltracs with Tinman Fabrication subframe connectors? I am really interested in the Caltracs. My car currently has subframe connectors by Global West, been there since 2004, I came across the Tinman versions and they look much better in my opinion. Looking at pictures installed they look like they might interfere with caltracs.

i just installed my caltracs with global west subframe connectors yesterday! i think the tinman ones will interfere, but not 100% sure. i can snap a few shots if you'd like.

We're in the process of installing a set of custom round tube subframe connectors in a 72 Mustang drag car with Cal Tracs and the split mono leafs. It'll be a while before I'm back at the shop to take a couple of photos.

Take your time, its not going to happen for at least a few months. On a side note what size front sway bar are you running? Mine is stock right now, sad truth is my 2008 F150 out handles my Mustang.... I was doing a little research and many are suggesting the 1" bar and saying 1 1/8" is overkill. What are your thoughts?

I have the 1-1/8" bar on my convertible and love it. Most I have seen saying the 1-1/8" bar is too big are those with the early sub-compact Mustangs. :D I have ta 3/4" rear bar as well. On the car with Cal Tracks it does not have a front swaybar.

i don't know who's exactly subframe i have but i bought them from mustangs unlimited. i put on calvert stuff in and i had to do some modifying to the bolt and the frame make sure it doesn't hit the frame.

let me tell you though, with how nose heavy our car's are and if you are running a manual transmission, if you got good good power its going to be hard to hook up traction. don't ask me how i know. :cool::cool:

if your running a auto, you will be ok with alot of power.

yes thats one down side i had just like xoliex. i needed to massage the subframe connector a bit so i can put the caltracs in the top hole, but for the bottom hole they are fine. still trying to upload pics.

Pic #1

Pic #2 as you can see I'm goin to have to modify the subframe connector a bit so I can use the top hole on the caltracs.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't tried yet, Motor is almost finished. It should hook great, I have never heared anything bad about calvert performance. I'll be sure to post results after testing.

I installed mine this past weekend-well mostly-one bracket was wrong, but everything else is installed.

There was absolutely no interference between the Calverts and the Tinman subframe connectors.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-what-did-you-do-to-your-car-today?page=416

Now I did see where Tinman has made a change to their subframe connector to allow a bolt on traction device of their own making. I think it is just some extra mounting holes. but I would expect that the Calverts will still clear easily. There was nothing even close to interfering

Back