1973 "Pro-Touring" project - Creator

Awesome looking Daniel. But I'm seriously gonna miss the avatar of your awesome taillights, lol . [/i]

Thanks Ray!! I'm sorry, I will make a new one when the car are in primer and the last adjusments are made to the rear :D

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

Thanks Lars, I really love them :)

Under construction!!

Worked a little on the spindlers. My girlfriend sandblasted them and then I grinded down the old failures from when they were produced, I hope you can see the diffence. I really like them, I know that no one is never gonna see it, but I know they are there haha :D

IMG_2822.thumb.JPG.97dd29a586e3fec77dac89176c20e10c.JPG

Under construction!!

Got the rotisserie back and got the car up in it! Makes all the work under the car much easier! Here is a quick mock up of the TinMan subframeconnectors and the safety loop, I think that will give the car some extra strenght! :)

IMG_2828.thumb.JPG.2a9684983261d327343fce89e44cd74b.JPG

Under construction!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well the plans has been changed today and I decided to go a different way with the trans for the Mustang. I have found a Tremec T-56 6-speed transmission for a very very nice price and it's brand new! I just need a steel bellhousing and a clutch for it. It came with a hydraulic throw out bearing and clutch setup, just need to search some information about that hydraulic throw out bearing to see if it will work for my application. I think this will be a insane and bad ass setup behind my engine :D

IMG_2929.thumb.JPG.f91de07c24b71784755bf322bb3ed8f1.JPG

Under construction!!

Well the plans has been changed today and I decided to go a different way with the trans for the Mustang. I have found a Tremec T-56 6-speed transmission for a very very nice price and it's brand new! I just need a steel bellhousing and a clutch for it. It came with a hydraulic throw out bearing and clutch setup, just need to search some information about that hydraulic throw out bearing to see if it will work for my application. I think this will be a insane and bad ass setup behind my engine :D

Sweet pick up! I looked at doing the TKO swap when my FMX went out, it was going to cost something like $4k in parts alone for that and the manual swap.

So FMX was rebuilt. Sometimes you just can't talk the wife into things haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I cant wait to try it, it's gonna sound so sweet with a manual transmission :D

Haha you are right, that's why I dont tell my girlfriend anything :D Does it cost that much to do a swap like that? I was so lucky to only paying something like 2200$ for my setup :)

Under construction!!

Thanks! I cant wait to try it, it's gonna sound so sweet with a manual transmission :D

Haha you are right, that's why I dont tell my girlfriend anything :D Does it cost that much to do a swap like that? I was so lucky to only paying something like 2200$ for my setup :)

Modern Driveline quoted me that said with the torque of the 351c a T5 wouldn't cut it.

Their kit come with everything you need crossmember etc....

Modern Driveline quoted me that said with the torque of the 351c a T5 wouldn't cut it.

Their kit come with everything you need crossmember etc....

No I think it's rated for 300 ft/lbs or so, the tko500/600 would be a good choice :) My setup is not complete for that price, I still need clutch kit, bellhousing, flywheel, crossmember and a few other parts :)

Under construction!!

Began to sandblast the car today! My plan is to get the whole car blasted so I can get the underside and engine bay cleaned and welded and modified as I want it. Next sted from there will be to get it all painted and the same for all the suspension parts and the 9" rearend. Then I can get everything assembled and get the car on the ground with the wheels on to see how the stance and everything else are looking. After that I will focus on the exterior of the body! It sounds like the right way to do it, what do you guys think of that? :)

IMG_2961.thumb.JPG.ecf1076f84be8ce6cd7701c7e244983e.JPG

Under construction!!

I think the underside of your car is cleaner than the top side of any of mine!

Your plan makes sense to me. I always thought thebest way was to complete the car and road test it and get everything to your liking, then blow it back apart and paint and finish any body work.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

That looks excellent ! With all the attention to detail on the older surfaces plus the sweet new parts you've accumulated, it's going to be a beast ! Once you nail the stance you will finally see the fruit of all your hard work looking mean and starring back at you

I think the underside of your car is cleaner than the top side of any of mine!

Your plan makes sense to me. I always thought thebest way was to complete the car and road test it and get everything to your liking, then blow it back apart and paint and finish any body work.

Haha thanks Jeff, the reason is that I actually painted it's underside and engine bay for 10 years ago :D So the paint are easy to take of!!

Under construction!!

That looks excellent ! With all the attention to detail on the older surfaces plus the sweet new parts you've accumulated, it's going to be a beast ! Once you nail the stance you will finally see the fruit of all your hard work looking mean and starring back at you

Thanks my friend! I will really go deep in detailing the underside and engine bay, everything will be clean! Because now I have all those nice parts waiting to be installed and it is really hard for me to see them laying there! I would really love to see the stance on it, I cant wait! I cant wait to show you how it is going to look, I have found the perfect color theme for it!!

Under construction!!

That car is awesome clean, wow, must be a real pleasure to work on it . You won't even get dirty. Lol. Great !!!

Thanks Ray! Yes it is very clean and it is nice to work on such a good body! Haha no only when the dust from the sandblaster hits me every where :D

Under construction!!

Will you have to modify the trans tunnel to get the t56 to fit? I am thinking about going this route. I'm concerned on how it will fit and where the shifter will end up.

"Never time to do it right, always time to do it over." - Dad

Noticed your earlier post on the subframe connectors. Isn't the car supposed to be resting on its suspension when installing those? I have never installed any so I am not familiar with it, but if the car is not at its normal unibody flex will that cause binding problems in the future?

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

Noticed your earlier post on the subframe connectors. Isn't the car supposed to be resting on its suspension when installing those? I have never installed any so I am not familiar with it, but if the car is not at its normal unibody flex will that cause binding problems in the future?

I don't think it's nessecary, I saw a video when TinMan were installing them and on that video it was in a rotesserie as mine are too. And another thing, I dont want to install all the suspension parts just to install these! My plan are that I will paint the underside of the car when they are installed and then install all the suspension parts so I can get the car on the ground again :)

Under construction!!

Will you have to modify the trans tunnel to get the t56 to fit? I am thinking about going this route. I'm concerned on how it will fit and where the shifter will end up.

I am sorry, but I cant give you a good enought answer as I have'nt installed anything of the parts yet. But I found an article that shows a C6 automatic transmission and a T56 beside eachother, and they are actually looking very much the same in size. I am also concerned about where my shift lever will end in the car, but I think I will need to put the engine in the car together with the transmission to find out how it fits, I think it's the best way to do it :)

Under construction!!

• 1 month later...

I've seen the t5 used in a 71,  and in the one I saw the shifter fit perfect in the existing hole . All worked out great.

Thanks for the information, I really hope it fits in there with out to many modifications! Damn I need to get back on the track and do something to that car! :)

Under construction!!

Yes Daniel, I love your car and I'm lookin forward to seeing some progress. I enjoy seeing progress on all these cars. Same happens to us all it seams, except turtle, that guys in a jog. Like the energizer bunny, I've been diverted from mine for a few weeks with a trip to visit mom & dad and then got back and wanted to knock out a deck on the side of the house I've been promising my wife for 2 years, lol I'm planning to get back on mine next Monday. Great to hear from ya.