1973 "Pro-Touring" project - Creator

14 minutes ago, Fabrice said:

That's candies to my eyes!! Excellent work!

While looking at your current state, one thing comes to my mind...
Since you obviously go for a clean/shaved look for the engine bay, you won't want to see ugly things like the horn, wipers reservoir and of course want to hide the future harness and all electric components. The wire "snake" will need go somewhere to power them and the headlights, turn indicators  etc...
So looking at this last pict, i'm wondering if it would not be wise at this point to add a hole or at least reserve enough space for that before you paint (you don't want to disconnect everything every time to remove the fender). Also as you likely will not allow the wire bundle to go thru the engine bay, since you have closed the radiator support, what is your planned route? Some metal tubing on top of the aprons on the outside to support and protect it? 

Thanks! It’s also candy for my eyes 😁

Yes everything will be hidden except for the wiper motor and that, cant really do anything to that without building a different system. Have been thinking about it but dont know what to use. Have been thinking of the Mercedes system with one arm. But I dont know yet. Maybe I will find a motor instead and just swap that with the old to make it work better and have more speeds to choose from 😁

I deffently get your point and I will agree with you that it would be a good idea. My dads are made the same way so I will have to go and look what he did and maybe do the same to mine. I have’nt really been thinking about yet how I will route the wires other than it will be on the outside of the enginebay. I am thinking about making some panels from the front grille and over the radiator to hide that. So everything can actually be hidden under that. 😁 But there are deffently some things to keep in mind before paint and a metal tube could be an option. I’m glad that you recommended that.. thanks 😁

Daniel ::thumb::

Pro-Touring 1973 Mustang named ''Creator'' ... :P

Under construction!!

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Created a little piece for the headlights assembly today together with my 7 years old son. He cleaned the plate before we shaped it, he hammered some of the edge and drilled some of the holes. Very fu

I got the corners made for some time ago for the flush windshield. I’m trying once again to move forward on this project. There has been a lot of ups and downs the last couple of years. But I’m glad t

A step further today with the project on the fender. So nice to make everything by my self, love it. And it fits pretty well 😁

Posted Images

Well at least you're lucky the 73 grille is thinner than the standard much deeper 71 :)

Also eager to see what your fab/solution for the batt support in trunk will be once you'll come to it later on.
Having the door for the fold down like you, which reduces a lot the options, unlike in my 73 coupe where it was easy to place it in the middle above the axle and still keeping much more room in the trunk than the fastback one offers even without it...

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

73 modified Grande 351C. Almost done. 

71 429CJ. In progress

Picture of your son brought back some great memories of working on mustangs with my son. The best part of this hobby is being able to share with family and friends. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fabrice said:

Well at least you're lucky the 73 grille is thinner than the standard much deeper 71 :)

Also eager to see what your fab/solution for the batt support in trunk will be once you'll come to it later on.
Having the door for the fold down like you, which reduces a lot the options, unlike in my 73 coupe where it was easy to place it in the middle above the axle and still keeping much more room in the trunk than the fastback one offers even without it...

Keep up the good work!

Haha yeah, but I’m not using that grille. I’m making my own from scratch and it will actually be a little deep, more than any of them. 😁 so I will have to see what I will do with everything. 
Do you mean the battery support? If so I will locate in right side beside the trunk panel so I can hide it after that with some panels to make the trunk look clean. 
I actually cut the panels away that holds that door. They was mistreatet by the last owner with big holes for speakers, I did’nt like that. I will fabricate something cool there instead and maybe not have the fold down seats but something a little different, but I have’nt decided yet what it is. 

thanks I will and you too 😁

Under construction!!

2 hours ago, Muskrat1 said:

Picture of your son brought back some great memories of working on mustangs with my son. The best part of this hobby is being able to share with family and friends. 

I’m glad to hear that it did that! I really love how he likes to work with me, it means so much! Yes you are so right! 😁

Under construction!!

Got the assembly for the headlights assembled today on the car and it fits perfect in both sides 😁💪

5F24F419-B4E7-4163-B386-A94EA6A5AB55.jpeg

F1DF2B53-41BB-40B5-B516-F5B47CE05E4E.jpeg

E2F7A14B-873A-42FD-92DA-124BA62110D5.jpeg

Under construction!!

5 hours ago, johnmat said:

Me likey! I love when people modify this kind of stuff!

Thanks! Me too, and theres a lot more modifications on it’s way 😁

Under construction!!

Got the front valance on today and got the car moved to the lift, it’s easier to work there when I’m fitting the panels. Got the car tied down just to get a feeling about how the stance will look like that I’m hoping to get. Will continue tomorrow with the hood and so 😁

0B45215E-6965-484D-9E6D-B73EC32F2A2D.jpeg

9C00F72C-86CB-451C-807C-235F24A0C071.jpeg

0D381CE2-D8DA-4212-A567-DBA346003E48.jpeg

Under construction!!

A little step further today. Got the hoodhinges sandblasted and got the hood installed. Soon I will be doing all the gaps around door, fenders and hood. When all that is matched and perfect I will continue with the front end and do some cool modifications .. 😁

0E12743E-399D-47CE-BD16-D96CC7D9DA9C.jpeg

3E77E312-9B6D-431A-8D34-B6131B210DF8.jpeg

• Like 1

Under construction!!

Playing with some brackets today. I’m going to use the flat hood because I like it more than the Ram Air actually. It makes the car look wider and not so tall if you ask me. 
But I got some hood pins from Ringbrothers that I’m going to install. I’m using the brackets for that that are normally for the Ram Air with hood locks, I’m just changing them a bit. I am not going to install the brackets in the original position because I have some lines on the hood (market with White) that I want to be in the middle of so it looks perfect in my uppinion. You can see in the picture what I mean and how it looks. Hav’nt done more because I want to line up the hood perfect before drilling any holes for the brackets 😁

1606B009-45A1-4DF2-A34D-406EF8385990.jpeg

CF986F3D-A130-4015-8235-EDC392503147.jpeg

Under construction!!

Could’nt find the door strikers, so I just made them by my self so I can start on adjusting the door and the gaps. I made it from a pipe, a bolt and welded those two together and grinded it to this result. I just love to make it by my self, theres just something about it 😁

3F5BB391-4AC2-491F-B5D8-6E66F8313E36.jpeg

BE84C74C-7379-4C7B-BBDD-73D3777E431A.jpeg

Under construction!!

Getting ready to hit those gaps!! 😎💪

61295D77-2D82-40E7-A551-28A66A28CC3E.jpeg

2F53CE60-FEAC-4E3D-BB30-A9472C3F3045.jpeg

878535B0-AF10-45E9-984C-A4A14FEF38BA.jpeg

• Like 1

Under construction!!

Found these parts on a car graveyard today. It’s a hoodlock mechanism from a european Ford that are cable release and also a hood release actually from a Ford Ranger. The smart thing about the release is that it’s just placed under the dashboard, so it’s easy to install! Cant wait to get it installed and make it work! Then I can remove that big original release and make more room for the grille I want to make 😁

DE4AA75B-DD38-429A-AEB5-910D0B0871F2.jpeg

Under construction!!