1970's alarm system

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
Took out my cam while taking pics of my wiring harness...and decided to take some more detailed pics of my 70's trunk's alarm system...I'm hoping mine is not the only mustang to have this done...and hoping to see how the system ran or even worked...Mite be dealer installed..Or customer installed along the way..defenatly one of the oldest i seen in a ford...Mite even be more of it installed in my car i do not even know about yet.

So check them trunk's folks..If you noticed something odd with your trunk set up and some extra wires and such like this..take some pics for me;)

P1030038.JPG

P1030051.JPG

P1030035.JPG

P1030047.JPG

P1030046.JPG

P1030041.JPG

P1030037.JPG

Ya...Once and a while ill ask around..Alot of new memebers popping in..Give people something to look for..I did not notice it for years till it was pointed out too me...Wondering if it is alot like the system that was in the movie Gone in 60 seconds..lol

What I believe you have is a homemade trunk light assembly. The terminal strip is generic, available at Radio Shack in the 70s. A contact switch is being used against the torsion rods to activate the lamp holder. It has an indexed socket for the lamps side pins. And also visible is the center lamp contact. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back