Medium green metallic

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
I looking for a nice picture of a stock Medium Green Metallic sports roof. One thing I have yet to find, is a picture of its original configuration. Here is mine.

Year: 1 1971

Plant: F Dearborn, MI

Body Series: 02 SportsRoof

Engine: F 302 2v V8

Body: 63D SportsRoof

Color: P Medium Green Metallic

Trim: 1R Green All Vinyl, Standard Interior

Date: 04/71 April, 1971

D.S.O: 52 code not found

Axle: 6 3.00:1, Conventional

Trans: W C4 Automatic

Thanks.

Not a sportsroof, but the color and interior are what you are looking for I think.

http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi?type=search&line=138894875630&pic=/1971/1971_00039_01
Thank you. I did find this site, but I was hoping to get a good picture of a stock car. It appears most of us changed the colors of the car.

I wanted to create a restoration album but I cannot find a picture of the car in its original configuration. You would think since we had the car since it was new that it would be easy to find, but noooooo.

I'm going to bump this as I am still looking for something. My dad turns 70 in March and I want to have a photo or painting created of him standing next to "his stang" and me next to "my stang". Sorta in a V shape with each of us (at the correct age), so him at age 36 and me at 40-41. An orginal looking car even in the wrong color would be ok as the person doing it for me (the next person I need to find) could change the color. I just thought it would be easier to have it in the original color. A BW would even be ok.

Thank you guys for helping me out!

This pic is a capture from a movie but the car is probably identical to how your dad's car looked from the factory.

The pic is obviously an action shot as the suspension is loaded hard for a non-performance Mustang.

1971 med green metallic sportsroof.jpg

another similar PIC HERE:

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_556476-Ford-Mustang-1971.html

1971 medioum green metallic sportsroof _.JPG

Ray

That was correct. The stripe either preceeded the chrome M_U_S_T_A_N_G letters or followed them. I can't remember.

EDIT: hmmm?

From a previous post from Kit Sullivan.

"71 fastbacks ( non Mach 1s) came with a full width stripe with "MUSTANG" letters cut out in the stripe in approximately the same location as the stick-on letters on 71 coupes, converts and Grandes." He followed up with a disclaimer, aka "I think". :)

here's a link to the thread: http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-letters-or-script

I believe the 1971 Facts Book in our WIKI (maybe :) ) explains this better.

Ray

That was correct. The stripe either preceeded the chrome M_U_S_T_A_N_G letters or followed them. I can't remember.

"71 fastbacks ( non Mach 1s) came with a full width stripe with "MUSTANG" letters cut out in the stripe in approximately the same location as the stick-on letters on 71 coupes, converts and Grandes." He followed up with a disclaimer, aka "I think". :)

here's a link to the thread: http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-letters-or-script

Ray
Not sure, my 71 Sportsroof (nonMach) had the individual chrome letters and no stripes, green metallic, ginger standard interior. I have side pictures (old Polaroid). If I can dig it up, I'll copy it and post. Dog dish hubcaps and all. I was the second owner and it was as original. The VIN can be found by searching the site for looking for an old friend.

I should be home this weekend and I'll look for the pictures.

EDIT - it also did have the black panel on the back - kind of camera case dimple finish with chrome/stainless trim top and bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Ray. It is very close. Funny that it is missing the black panel and has a stripe on the back.

Ray
Not sure, my 71 Sportsroof (nonMach) had the individual chrome letters and no stripes, green metallic, ginger standard interior. I have side pictures (old Polaroid). If I can dig it up, I'll copy it and post. Dog dish hubcaps and all. I was the second owner and it was as original. The VIN can be found by searching the site for looking for an old friend.

I should be home this weekend and I'll look for the pictures.

EDIT - it also did have the black panel on the back - kind of camera case dimple finish with chrome/stainless trim top and bottom.
Seem to remember a date where it changed over. I'll visit my library. If I don't return you know where I went... :)

Ray

It had the mustang letters. I can remember what the car looked like, I just cannot find a picture of it. I am dumbfounded that I cannot find one picture of the car from the first 20 years. Hell I found pictures of an 80 chevy citation my mom drove but not the Mustang.

Thank you both. This helps a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back