Electric fan/fans

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tnfastbk

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
Ok guys is anyone running a electric fan? If so do you like it and which one? I have to buy oneeither a single or dual for my car. I have a Griffin aluminum radiator that it has to mount on.

Thanks

I run a electric fan. The fan is from a Renault Laguna with AC. It have a lot of power and i become it for free. I like it, i hate to make engine setups with the standart fan. Its realy dangerous. With the thermostate switch it cools the engine after parking and only when need to cool. One of the first things that i have changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roy,

It has been said that the ABSOLUTE best fan on the market is the Lincoln Mark VIII which can usually be had very cheaply at the local "Recyclers." That is what I will be running to cool my 545. They come with the shroud and it is very simple to remove them from the Lincoln. I think I paid about $20.00 for mine. They sell them over the "Net" for anywhere from $50 - $100 but you can get them much cheaper if you go to the yard and remove them yourself.

I took the liberty of checking the "Pull a Part" in your local area and it appears that they have two in the yard. If you google Lincoln Mark VIII fan you will find all kinds of information on the "specifics."

http://www.pullapart.com/inventory/search.aspx

BT

Here is what happens to the cleveland flex fans above 5500 rpms

detroitlocker006.jpg

I have one from a Mercury cougar, its a dual electric so I can shut one off. it does the job, mostly both fans run and a little noisy,I like it because it was free but it looks crappy, may want to try some of the aftermarket ones.

Does any one have a clue about the cfm required? Thanks Cobra will call my oh so helpful cousin to run by there tomorrow. You know the one who is doing all the work on my car:p

Does any one have a clue about the cfm required? Thanks Cobra will call my oh so helpful cousin to run by there tomorrow. You know the one who is doing all the work on my car:p
I run a duel spal fan setup with aluminum radiator, keeps the 351c super cool.

Back