Motor Mount Rebuild or ??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q Code Convertible
Hi guys,

I am in the process of finishing up my motor rebuild and just discovered that the 73 motor mounts are unique and a one year only part (D3ZZ-6038-A).

I have not been able to find any repros...if someone knows of a source let me know.

Assuming they are not made, does anyone know of a rebuild service for them?

I don't want to swap out parts from 71/72 to try and make work if possible.

Thanks

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I am in the process of finishing up my motor rebuild and just discovered that the 73 motor mounts are unique and a one year only part (D3ZZ-6038-A).

I have not been able to find any repros...if someone knows of a source let me know.

Assuming they are not made, does anyone know of a rebuild service for them?

I don't want to swap out parts from 71/72 to try and make work if possible.

Thanks

Jeff
A little pricey but they should be like new.

http://www.mustangsetc.com/73-mustang-302-351-motor-mount-rebuilt-fits-coupe-fastback/

-jbojo

jbojo,

WOW...you even have to send your old one's in at that price...so $225 after shipping for a pair. I am hoping there is another alternative but...did you use them for your car?

Jeff

jbojo,

WOW...you even have to send your old one's in at that price...so $225 after shipping for a pair. I am hoping there is another alternative but...did you use them for your car?

Jeff
No, before my rebuild I started collecting parts and was able to get a set that were in good condition. If you have time you see these pop up from time to time.

-jbojo

jbojo,

Jeff
Jeff,

Luckily they make ones for your coupe. The verts are different from coupes and the 71/72 verts and diff then the 73 verts. Mine seem ok but I dread the day they go out.

-Jim

I have one extra I'd be willing to part with. I actually have three but I'm keeping a pair just in case for when it comes time to build my new motor.

Back