New User 73 Fastback BBF!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

302fox

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Fastback, 429 BBF, C6, 9 inch Posi. Under construction
1994 Mustang GT, 302, Tremec, 373's, Black Bullitts, Daily Beater
Hey Guys and Gals, My names Kevin and Im a proud new owner of my fathers Mustang.. Hes had it since I was 5yrs old and I basically grew up in the back seat of this thing.. Ive owned 8 Mustangs through my Teens and early 20's. Now im 27 and hes handing the keys over.. Problem is shes been sitting for a while, Ive slowly been upgrading things for the last 5 yrs as he would allow! But since its mine now, Im digging deep, fixing things it needs and upgrading things as well.. Hope to get much good info on her though this site!

Heres the Sats on the car as I know them!

71 429 out of the thunderbird, Rebuilt 15yrs ago, has 6-7k on rebuild

C6 out of the same car

9 inch with some sort of posi, Squeels around tight corners

Mods I have done since Ive been old enough

HEI dist.

Pulley's

Flexfan

3inch Tailpips w/ Flowmasters

Summit Racing Polished wheels

BFG Radial T/A's

Stainless Rear brake lines

Summit RV cam

Comp Cams lifters and pushrods

Holley Aluminum V/C's

Mods for the spring

750cfm Holley Carb

Wieland Dual Plane intake

Becool Aluminum Radiator

Hooker Headers

Pst Performance Front end kit

KYB Gas-A-Just shocks

Rebuild C6 with TCI master kit and Transgo shift kit

Heres some pics of the old girl, shes a beast! Currently the front ends coming off because of some rust I need to take care of, Its on the driverside below the rad support, looks like the front bumper support is badley rotted.. hopefully the frame is ok behind it! So new Rad support is going in as well!

IMG_0945.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums! Nice Mustang and even better since it was a family car! Keep us posted on those spring mods with lots of pics! :D

::welcome::

WELCOME aboard, Kevin!

Thanks for sharing the story on your '73 Mustang. It is GREAT to have the car that your Dad treasured. I am glad to see that you apparently share his enthusiasm for the car.

When you get time, you might want to start your "garage" so that we can track the progress on your Mustang.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

BT

Welcome Kevin,

Nice to have you and your ride with us. Looks like a real nice car considering the area of its location. What a tremensdous blessing to be able to inherit it from your dad. Show us your progress as.

Welcome, great looking car and good story. I inherited my 65 in much the same way and just recently bought a 71 Mach 1. Lot's of good guys on here, vie all but left the other forums I normally visit due to the friendliness and comrade.

Welcome man, looks like you've already got the bug and a good idea of what you want to do with it. Hopefully we can answer whatever questions you've got.

Thanks guys for the kind words.. Cars in really decent shape, has bubbles in a few spots on the paint but its very solid.. floors seem good and frame seems good.. its good its not perfect or i woould not wanna wrench on it! .. Once this rain gets out of here im gonna start work on it.. tearing the front fenders off to expose what needs attention on the front frame/rad support.. Will post pics and keep everyone posted.. oh yea fedex dropped off a new starter for it today.. and i just put the order in for a new carb and intake mani!! Giggity Giggity!!.. I love making money when it snowS!! :) Snow Storms Support Mustang Modding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back