Show us your engines!

Okay here is what was under my hood...It's a bit of a DOG off the line, but it will really BARK when you put your foot down on it, It does leak a little fluid here and there, and backfires once in a while, but (I may get in trouble for this one) it's a real good pussy getter.

1063414364_photo2(4).thumb.JPG.11f141c979332ade634b93a38a03ee54.JPG

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay here is what was under my hood...It's a bit of a DOG off the line, but it will really BARK when you put your foot down on it, It does leak a little fluid here and there, and backfires once in a while, but (I may get in trouble for this one) it's a real good pussy getter.

rofl rofl rofl

Hilarious... rofl

And his expression...

i can't go any longer rofl

Tim

Oh man, THIS made really my day

::yourock::

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

Not finished yet (relocate and connect electric cables, original fuel line to carb, shock tower braces) but this was my last sight a few days before :heart:

20140118_212354tfxy3.jpg

Tim

Woah, someone else has cal custom valve covers and a repo "HiPo" air cleaner....

IMG_15131.jpg

1973 Mach 1 Q code 351 4V, 9A paint, standard interior, 3.50 rear, C6 trans.

Not finished yet (relocate and connect electric cables, original fuel line to carb, shock tower braces) but this was my last sight a few days before :heart:

20140118_212354tfxy3.jpg

Tim

Woah, someone else has cal custom valve covers and a repo "HiPo" air cleaner....

IMG_15131.jpg

YEEEAAAAH - cool:exclamation:

Lookin great, isn' it :) ?!

I love that massive old-school look without too much bling bling. And you have also the coil on the "wrong" side ;) On the passenger side there are too many cooling hoses heating it perhaps up...

What's your intake? It looks like mine - Offenhauser. And your carb?

That looks good with that massive air filter but my space between hood and cleaner is not so much - I have a 4V spacer between intake manifold and carb, which is an 1970 Autolite 4300.

Tim

Tim

Edelbrock Performer LB 351-4V, 750 holley, and 1/2" phelonic spacer. It's a 3" element for the air filter. I'm changing up the combo with an RPM air gap intake so I will likely use a drop base air cleaner with the "hipo" lid.

Ok, let's figure out how it looks after your installation :)

By the way: I like your rims! They have the original 1973 look but what are they? They are nice wide filling the rear wheel housing - I like that!

Tim

Tim

Here is my 71 vert. with a 306c.i. 1985, Dart Pro 1 aluminum heads, roller rockers, JBA Stainless Steel ceramic coated headers, Edelbrock endurashine air gap intake, Edelbrock Thunder series 650 carb, custom monte carlo bar etc. etc.

2043642048_Engineasof2-1-14(1).thumb.JPG.f9ffb70d3f3bfec2d57d8fe3ef9eae38.JPG

Other side

91088381_Engineasof2-1-14(2).thumb.JPG.316d34c1c608cd6cc5b25aece207a4b4.JPG

here are some of mine before, during, and after. it is an f code 302, 2bbl.

You know, Comp cams makes roller tip rockers that are inexpensive and really do add a noticeable power gain that would replace those stockers nicely... Just replace the push rods at the same time.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-1431-16/overview/make/ford

IMG_00192.jpg

Wow, thank you! THIS is the way I will go in future after all other is done - I love the original look with some extra thickness - and they are really affordable...

Tim

Tim

• 3 years later...

Had not seen this thread before.

assembled_engine.jpg

engine_1.jpg

engine_2.jpg

engine7.jpg

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

hi, making some progress, getting things connected, it's a 408c/tko 600. just finished trans tunnel mods. now almost finished with lines, hoses and wiring.

0925171850.jpg

DSC03495.jpg

good image hosting site

Keiths,

Which valve covers are those?

What mod did you have to do to the tunnel to install the TKO?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

hi, making some progress, getting things connected, it's a 408c/tko 600. just finished trans tunnel mods. now almost finished with lines, hoses and wiring.

Wow that just looks BAD!

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Keiths,

hi tony, i had it in without any modification with an american power train "x" cross member but didn't like the drive line angle nor the geometry of my mechanical clutch linkage so i cut a large section of the top of the tunnel,made a steel cross brace and a new sheet metal top, i was too far along under the dash so i put it in with panel bond and rivets. i cut the cross member 1 1/2 " bolted the 4 tabs back together and had a friend tig it back together.and left the bolts in. i don't have a before picture or the x cross member. had i not already spent $$$ on modifications to the trans. i could have used the new low profile tko instead. but now the clutch linkage all lines up perfect and my 3" exhaust fits up tight. and i have room to adjust the driveshaft angle. and no i wouldn't have done this too a pristine original haha

0507171111.jpg

0507171810.jpg

0507171810a.jpg

DSC03496.jpg

. the valve covers are boss 302

Keiths,

hi tony, i had it in without any modification with an american power train "x" cross member but didn't like the drive line angle nor the geometry of my mechanical clutch linkage so i cut a large section of the top of the tunnel,made a steel cross brace and a new sheet metal top, i was too far along under the dash so i put it in with panel bond and rivets. i cut the cross member 1 1/2 " bolted the 4 tabs back together and had a friend tig it back together.and left the bolts in. i don't have a before picture or the x cross member. had i not already spent $$$ on modifications to the trans. i could have used the new low profile tko instead. but now the clutch linkage all lines up perfect and my 3" exhaust fits up tight. and i have room to adjust the driveshaft angle. and no i wouldn't have done this too a pristine original haha

0507171111.jpg

0507171810.jpg

0507171810a.jpg

DSC03496.jpg

Sorry I should have posted the trans. stuff else where

Keiths,

Sorry I should have posted the trans. stuff else where

Thanks. I will go through my trans installation sometime early next year.

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Pretty much stock 357 Cleveland. 

84csural.jpg

Yep. Looks stock to me. :)

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Here is mine as it came out of the car. I am working on stroking and rebuilding so it will soon look much better.

20171003_220833.jpg

20171003_220751.jpg

upload my pics