part id help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revsitup

Reaction score
My Car
!971 Mustang sportsroof
photo (2).JPGHey guys , Trying to finish up a 73 Mach1 that has been in pieces for many years. Can someone tell me what this piece is for? I will attach a picture.. wasn't sure if it was for the console to cover the shifter boot or something else?

Thanks for any help

0n 4 speed cars with console not sure on 3 speed though...

Ok thanks guys.. I will have to do a search to see if I can find out how it mounts . I didnt see any tabs or mounts under console that this would mount to?

It floats around. Put on after boot is mounted to floor. Slip it over the shifter and down to the second fold from the floor, it should be off the floor about 5/8-3/4". Then put the console over it. The console will touch the plate. The plate slides around under the console as you shift.

It floats around. Put on after boot is mounted to floor. Slip it over the shifter and down to the second fold from the floor, it should be off the floor about 5/8-3/4". Then put the console over it. The console will touch the plate. The plate slides around under the console as you shift.
Thanks! Got it installed and the console tonite. One more piece of the puzzle!

Back