Dad's convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abone312

Reaction score
My Car
72 Fastback, currently with 429 and C6, project car.
Found a picture of the day we gave Dad his car back. My brothers and I took the car completely down, I did the sheetmetal, body, and paint, My older brother did the engine rebuild, and my twin brother helped on the entire thing. It's a 72, 302/fmx. This is the day we gave the car back to him, as far as he knew, the car was just getting a few places on the body repaired and the paint touched up. This is how I will always remember him, the look on his face when he saw this for the first time was priceless, he was placed in hospice care a couple of days ago, and they're telling us he has maybe a couple of days left. In the picture from left to right, that is my twin brother Robert, Dad (Royce), myself, and my older brother Randel.

dadstang1.jpg

Found a picture of the day we gave Dad his car back. My brothers and I took the car completely down, I did the sheetmetal, body, and paint, My older brother did the engine rebuild, and my twin brother helped on the entire thing. It's a 72, 302/fmx. This is the day we gave the car back to him, as far as he knew, the car was just getting a few places on the body repaired and the paint touched up. This is how I will always remember him, the look on his face when he saw this for the first time was priceless, he was placed in hospice care a couple of days ago, and they're telling us he has maybe a couple of days left. In the picture from left to right, that is my twin brother Robert, Dad (Royce), myself, and my older brother Randel.
Sorry for your dads imminent situation but wish him comfort in his last days. Glad you and your brothers could do this for him, it looks so beautiful.

Great story ! It's really wonderful that you were able to do that for your dad. I can only wish for the talent and/or resources to do something like that for my loved ones.

I hope that whatever issue that has brought your dad into hospice will run it's course quickly and release him from any further suffering. May any pain endured by you and your family as a consequence also pass as quickly.

Great picture of you, your dad, brothers and car. I'm sure he really appreciated the joint effort his sons put into the restoration. Sorry you dad is in his final days. Are you going to show him the picture again?

I am sorry to hear to about your father. I do think it is great what you and your brothers did for him. Those are the moments all families remember for years. I hope that forever reminds all of you of the great time together. May god bless your father and his family during this difficult time.

Lost my dad in 2005. I shared a lot of great cars and car related moments with him as well. Now they are treasured memories, just as yours will become.

I hope hospice provides your father relief from any pain.

Ray

I'm sure your Dad would be pleased that your favorite memory is one of a pleasurable time shared with the excitement of the restored Mustang. I hope he is enjoying today that experience... we hope you hold on to that moment that you and the brothers worked so hard for!

That was a great thing you guys did for your Dad. I lost my Mother to Alzheimer's a year ago. I still have my Dad. He is almost 90 and still going strong.

I see what your family did with the car but it is really not about the car. It's about your love for your Dad.

my condolences-however you and families action is commendable and hope administrator/moderator offers some kind of recognition re ? For you to further have to so to show your father re if you believe he is able to appreciate seeing it ie to further convey how i believe guys on this site are caring. Myself through out my latter days of high school in 71 @ 16 getting a near perfect score on my drivers written and road test where I started to make proud of me then into the armed forces then attempt to a marriage then degree w/two major-executive job-positioning it to where he retire ie florida in 1983 to be there for parents which was more valuable to them as none of his and mothers clan ever became accomplished and as he retired as head of our towns police traffic bureau ie he enjoyed bragging about as a police officer s job is thankless to all jobs whom both fell victim of heart desease and cancer in 86 as my soul responsibility till they passed on in 89 and 91. It too bad he never got the recognition till our hometown newspaper re eulogy.

Great picture and great memory. Thanks for sharing it.

Many thanks for the thoughts and prayers for my family. Dad passed yesterday morning.

Back