Aussie Insurance for your mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73Adrian

Reaction score
My Car
Looking to buy a 71-73 Mach 1 Mustang
Hi guys (girls),

I've had a brief look through the insurance posts, but not (yet) seen any info on where owners living in OZ are insuring their mustangs.

Can you Aust guys give me some feedback on who you insure with, and any weird exclusions/conditions, plus price thanks?

Adrian

Shannon's for me too, from memory about $550 per year on the agreed value of the car. I believe you can cut that by over a half if you tell them you are going to drive it less than ten thousand kilometres per year. I signed mine up for the full insurance plan because I didn't want limitations on how far I drive my car.

Interestingly a workmate has a 65 Mustang insured with them at the ten-thousand-or-less cheaper rate; even though he only actually does a thousand k's per year he reckons Shannon's never even asked him for his speedo reading so how would they even know if he was traveling too far per year if he did abuse the system?

Shannon's gave me a new windscreen too when mine developed a crack so that was pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info guys.

Looks like Shannons is coming out as favourite.

Now just to find a Mach1

Back