db Electrical = great customer service

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible 351c 2V
I can't say enough good things about this company's customer service!

I ordered their hi-torque mini starter. Later that day I was emailed an order confirmation along with tracking information. I got home last Friday, and the box had arrived (3 days after purchase via UPS Ground).

Upon opening the box, I discovered they failed to include the wire and wiring instructions. I called, and left a message (it was after hours). I also replied to their order confirmation email, explaining the missing item.

Monday morning, I get an email telling me they just shipped the missing part.

Tuesday morning, I get a phone call asking if I saw the email. I said yes, and the guy on the phone said to call back if I need anything else.

http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-9936-new-ford-mini-pmgr-racing-starter-302-351-higher-torque-3205-sfd0001.aspx

It's made in China is my only gripe. Hopefully it is built well.

I ordered their hi-torque mini starter. Later that day I was emailed an order confirmation along with tracking information. I got home last Friday, and the box had arrived (3 days after purchase via UPS Ground).

Upon opening the box, I discovered they failed to include the wire and wiring instructions. I called, and left a message (it was after hours). I also replied to their order confirmation email, explaining the missing item.

Tuesday morning, I get a phone call asking if I saw the email. I said yes, and the guy on the phone said to call back if I need anything else.

http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-9936-new-ford-mini-pmgr-racing-starter-302-351-higher-torque-3205-sfd0001.aspx

I can relate on preference of American Made(parts out of Summit parts in Ohio) as opposed to out of country. As well with good service between Auto Electric Garages and .....cpy cat/Mikke

Actually, I think they're customer service is pretty poor. I have 3 of these in my cars.

One of them I received without the wiring and called with no answer.

I swapped the wiring (size of wire, not location) and fried the wire. I emailed with pics with no response ever.

It's a good starter for the money, but my experience is that their customer services isn't great.

Interesting the different responses each of you have gotten. I'm just starting the journey, but so far so good. I emailed them questions Saturday night and they answered Sunday morning. I placed my order Sunday night and received shipping confirmation Monday morning. The communication so far has been great...knock on wood!

John

I can relate on preference of American Made(parts out of Summit parts in Ohio) as opposed to out of country. As well with good service between Auto Electric Garages and .....cpy cat/Mikke
Mike, what makes you think Summit's parts are USA made ?

There is not much made here anymore - most of the aftermarket parts are imported.

So true however, aside from the disc brake conversion kit which I expect to be part from everwhere but they have tested what they sell and move quickly to replace part (upon receiving the bad part) they will test that one and tell you if it was bad. Holley SSBC products I got from them I take for granted as made in USA and they worked w/me in their technical department and they go further consulting w/Holley inc. For a item ticket as expensive but cheaper than anywhere else ie, EFi unit they take even more serious in working w/whom is installing it. As you can read, I have more problems w/the right guy to install the components for me ie read my last page of my photo album re: brake failure upon leaving the garage. Cpy Cat/Mikke

All of my gear is American made: by Ford some 40+ years ago.

Back