Any one sick of winter yet?

RocketFoot

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this summer is as warm as this winter was cold!

Here's to an early spring!!!

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

We were mid to upper 70's today. Hiking Camelback was nice. For the Phoenix open I guess they are predicting low 80's. We will cool off into the upper 60's next week. Looks like a picked a good time for a major upgrade, the garage temps have been nice. If I get her running this weekend I will be able to enjoy a couple of months of milds temps.

But you guys stuck in the cold don't get too jealous... The 90's, 100's and 110 plus temps are only a few months away. ;)

That is warmer than normal for you guys isn't it? They say Alaska is having record high temps this year

Yes it is above normal. I have noticed over the years that when the North and North East have a cold cold winter, ours tend to be more mild. It depends on how that cold air from the Artic is flowing.

Same thing, if ours seems 'colder' than normal the North and North East end up with a milder winter.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Well Guys,

I live in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and we are about to get around 12 inches over night. That is the most snow since Christmas Day 2010. I don't like the snow that much. And with the way people in this area drive in the snow, I am staying home until it clears up. At least growing up in Ohio, people knew how to drive in the snow.

Kerry

Well Guys,

I live in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and we are about to get around 12 inches over night. That is the most snow since Christmas Day 2010. I don't like the snow that much. And with the way people in this area drive in the snow, I am staying home until it clears up. At least growing up in Ohio, people knew how to drive in the snow.

Kerry

Kerry,

Where from in Ohio?

I HATE snow and cold. We had a high of 3 today. Enough already, spring is only 8 weeks away, regardless what the rodent says.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

This is the worst winter ever. We set a new record for snow in the Detroit area for January. Where up to 33 inches of snow for the month and it not over yet. I work for a school district and we have closed 6 times already. I run the maintenance department and we have not been sleeping much because of snow plowing and fixing pipes that have burst because of the cold weather. It can't end fast enough. :@

This morning it was 4 degrees here in Kennesaw Ga, Colder than Chicago, and other places up North, thats just wrong!

Not to mention I got stuck 9hrs in that mess you all heard about in Atlanta Tuesday nite!

1972 H-code Mach1

2010 GT Premium

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T

1995 F150- The "home depot" machine

2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra

They say we may get some rain by the end of the week. With any luck,we need it!

We may have used up your rain here in San Jose.

It was like 0.1 inches if that much. Just enough

to float all that six months old pavement oil :s

mike

spacer.png

Where now up to 38 inches of snow in the Detroit area for the month. A new record and it snowing agian. We are going to get 3 to 6 inches more on Saturday. I can't stand the snow anymore. :@

John J

Snow, I hate the stuff....everyone has been teased over the last 10 years with our lack of snow, but this year it returned with a vengence! The thing I really despise is the cold, it just won't let up!

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

Got dumped on last night. About 4", just as the last of the previous snow was almost gone. We need it, though. Drought conditions predicted for this year.

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Don't hate me... but it's currently 82 (coming down from 84) in San Angelo.

Tomorrow's supposed to be in the high 70s, and get cold again on Sunday (39-ish). Then back to 56 by Tuesday, and down to 37 on Thursday, then back to -mid-50s by Saturday.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Currently predictions are for 6 to 8 inches tomorrow.

Chances are we'll get nothing or a major dumping.

[align=left]Jeff T.

After the fiasco here in Atlanta this week, I thought this was funny...

It took me 8 hours to go the last 10 mile home on Tuesday, Thankfully I grew up driving in snow and ice, but there are a lot of folks down here that have no clue. The '10 GT did awesome, but boy my clutch leg got a workout!

AtlSnow.jpg.84f49467ee3382b71bc2b86c7e65bf5d.jpg

1972 H-code Mach1

2010 GT Premium

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T

1995 F150- The "home depot" machine

2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra

After the fiasco here in Atlanta this week, I thought this was funny...

It took me 8 hours to go the last 10 mile home on Tuesday, Thankfully I grew up driving in snow and ice, but there are a lot of folks down here that have no clue. The '10 GT did awesome, but boy my clutch leg got a workout!

That is a good one!

Folks that get a lot of snow learn how to deal with it. And they learn to drive on it when they have to. If it snows and the temps are so cold it comes down hard frozen (dry), it is not too tough to drive on. UNLESS the ground temps allow the accumulation to begin to melt before it refreezes!

In the more southern states - if sometimes comes down as freezing rain/ice and then accumulates and thaws and refreezes, the driving is almost impossible short of vehicles specially prepared for such conditions. Snow tires/studded tires and tire chains are all examples. Tracked vehicles are the upper end of this spectrum. 4-wheel drives are no match for gravity and ice. They slide just like the rest of them!

I used to show videos during winter safety briefings - here are some similar to those I used: The first one has some cussing - so if you are offended - please mute! The second one has music and is clean (I think). The third one is just to show it is not limited to only crazy Americans!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXnIqxyyBNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYUXg7uy1QY

Hope you all enjoy these videos and stay warm! Here in Oklahoma we are preparing for another blast of snow and ice end of next week!

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)