Any one sick of winter yet?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
This guy is!! I am so ready for spring and summer. We haven't been in the garage since early December. I bet the Mach 1's battery is dead and she's going to need a good detailing when the weather breaks!

You Southern and South Western guys are lucky! LOL!

I'm with ya Barry ! It's minus 3 and windy on the Maine coast this morn. I have ice forming on the inside of my house windows . I own no winter toys , so the snows sucks . I'm ready to load my mustang and my a$$ on a ship headed for Hawaii or something ! :(

Nope, we are loving it here. 79 and sunny yesterday. Hiked Camelback mountain along with a couple hundred other folks (it's a popular destination). It was as you might imagine it would be.

Haha, 25 deg is t-shirt weather here in SW PA! It was -10 deg yesterday morning...that sure makes the old nose hairs freeze! LOL!

Not getting much snow here but 11 degrees fahrenheit with 30 MPH winds don't feel lucky to me. I'm with you on the spring weather though...I would rather dodge tornadoes than freeze.

Haha, 25 deg is t-shirt weather here in SW PA! It was -10 deg yesterday morning...that sure makes the old nose hairs freeze! LOL!
Same here rocketfoot!!! Its not even fun riding the sleds and quads in this cold!!!

I am looking forward to getting the mustang out in spring for a good detailing and to get rid of those rear tires once and for all!!!!! Got a new set of tires for spring :)

And of course, "Leading British Scientists" at the University of East Anglia are now "massaging" this new weather data in hopes of finally producing definitive proof of Man-made Global Warming. I'm sure with a few strategically omitted zero's and misplaced decimal points, they'll show the world just how smart they are !
I don't pay any attention to those hacks. They're cut from the same cloth as those flakes that STILL can't decide whether or not eggs are good for us. :rolleyes:

Besides - none of their "irrefutable data" takes into account active volcanos, and the vast amounts of particulate matter and greenhouse gasses they spew into the atmosphere in a single event (hint: it's typically more than the last 10 years of Chinese-level pollution).

It kills me how much the media has sensationalized this whole 'Polar Vortex' hoopla. Bullsh!t - it's freaken winter, people - bundle up, or you're gonna be cold. Back in the day, it was simply called an 'Arctic Cold Front.' It all boils down to two things, Political Correctness (we need to be able to 'label' everything), and "the Blame Game" (we can't simply take things at face value anymore - it's always gotta be someone else's fault).

Back on topic: It was 68 yesterday, and 35 right now (a 'polar vortex' is moving through, apparently rofl ). It's also supposed to be in the 70s this weekend. That might sound nice to everybody currently freezing their collectives off... but it does not bode well for us this summer - which last for us, a helluva lot longer than 'winter.' 'Summer' in West Texas typically begins in April, and lasts 'til almost November, and is typically hovering in the high 90s/low 100s for most of that time.

Sorry - but having grown up in Utah, I'll take a little bit of cold over extreme heat any day. You can always turn up the heat, stoke the fire, or put on more clothes to stay warm. You can only take off so many articles of clothing to stay cool before it becomes social unacceptable. ;)

BTW - I know what you're thinking... but our new pool doesn't technically exist until we can actually start swimming in it - so that doesn't count. rofl

Nice try, though. ;) :D

It was 4 degrees here in Northern Virginia this morning with wind chills below zero. Very unusual cold temps here. I planned on replacing the 73's heater core this winter, but haven't touched it yet. Maybe we will get a few warm days soon.

What Ole Pony said. Dulles recorded something like 6°F Tuesday. The day before that, Monday, it was almost 60. We actually took the vert out with the top down for a coffee and a bit of getting out of the house.

I have zero interest in entering a "debate" about climate change, but the fact is that there's nothing inconsistent about the weather this winter and ongoing global warming. More energy in the system means greater potential for deflections in the path of the jet stream. When the jet stream moves farther south, we get colder weather.

It makes it easier to label it a Polar Vortex and then blame it on global warming and claiming they knew it would happen, thinking a new name makes it seem like a new event.

I don't envy you guys going through this, I know what it's like. I spent 90% of my life in Northern Nevada, dealt with temperatures as low as 37 below zero, and shoveled up to 8 feet of snow over the course of a winter. Had enough of it, so my wife and I moved to Southern Nevada for a few years, and then to Central California. Must have brought Las Vegas weather with us though, we're in the middle of the worst drought on record :(

Snow???

Is that the stuff that is on the cones?

It's been high 60's and low 70's the last two months.

Having no rain for those months is a very big problem tho here

in Northern Cali.

Is there a way to put a snow plow on the front of a stang?

;-)

I have zero interest in entering a "debate" about climate change, but the fact is that there's nothing inconsistent about the weather this winter and ongoing global warming. More energy in the system means greater potential for deflections in the path of the jet stream. When the jet stream moves farther south, we get colder weather.
Ahhh...now you can't claim disinterest in debate about a particular subject and then follow that with a declarative statement about the subject itself. That's just not fair :)
Neither is life.

I'm always up for a good debate - especially, when I know I have the facts and reality to fuel the fire (it's tough to argue effectively about something based on junk science, heresay, and emotion, after all). ;) :D

The only problem with debating via internet forums is that things typically wind up going sour at some point and people get their feelings hurt - then the site divides up and takes sides, and then it's pandemonium and the site suffers.

So - this is not me putting out bait or anything. My opinions on climate change, or global warming, or whatever they decide to call it next week, are somewhat different than most people and definitely different than the stuff being shoveled by the proponents... and that's fine. Everybody's entitled to their opinions, after all, and I'm no better than the next guy.

There's nothing I can think of right now that I hate more than winter!!!!

I wish I was a bear so I could say "screw this" and hibernate till spring.

I concur ! I'm certainly no fan of pandemonium. Or any other word with that many vowels in it for that matter :)
Wow - that word actually has ALL of the vowels... unless you actually believe that, "and sometimes 'y'," nonsense. rofl

Back