Welcome from Columbia, Missouri

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
'72 Fastback (Mach Badging)
'06 Coupe (Mach Tribute)
Hey Guys!

Glad to have found you. Nice to see some others who value the big bodies as much as I do. As you can see from my avatar, I have been a big body guy since the 80's (purchased in 1980 and sold in 83) and now recently (6 weeks ago) I was able to complete my search for another '72 Fastback. This one has Mach badging so I am converting it to a full Mach. It has a 351C 2Vwith long tube headers, and decent exhaust. The big selling point for me was body was nearly rust free, normally hard to find here in Missouri. Since I knew this would be a "project", I also have a 2006 GT Coupe in Screaming Yellow with blackout hood, deluxe Interior, classic rear spoiler, and DD chrome bullits. This has been my "car show car" for the last 4 years and I am past VP of our local Mustang club, currently webmaster.

As one gentleman stated, I also am afflicted with CMD and have YMF (Yellow Mustang Fever) as well. I am posting some pics of both my babies for your viewing.

Stable 01a.jpg

The '72 is going to be a long process as it was originally a brown fastback with brown interior. When it was painted yellow/black, they dyed the interior to Ginger. I have chosen to convert it to black and am in process of strip down and do a quick dye job, and will change out with true black interior as I go along (and funds become available). Here is a shot of the lady at our Club annual car show last month. I consider this a "as found" picture:

PP62710-56.jpg

Here are some pics of both "ladies". Hope you all like, and pardon for posting a "new" pony on the site.

Thanks,

John

IMG00158-a.jpgcrop 02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the group, John. Thanks for posting pics with your intro, as well as some bio info.

I doubt anyone here will take offense at '06 sitting next to your new Mach project - the '72 makes up for it, IMHO. :)

Keep us posted about your progress.

Doc

Welcome to the forums! Glad you found us! Those are 2 beautiful Mustangs but then again I am partial to yellow!

Glad to have you aboard!

WELCOME aboard, John!

...and I, too, love your choice of "color" for your "projects." They are both very nice, indeed.

I think you will love it here and look forward to interacting with you on the different forums.

Again, WELCOME!

BT

I love the matching set! It's great to see another Midwesterner on the site!

Those are some very very nice looking stangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back