What is the name of this part?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ponysnake

Reaction score
My Car
1971 M-code Convertible. One owner car until 10/13.
Also, 1965 Fastback, 1967 GT350, 1968 Convertible, and 1999 GT 35th Ltd.
Hello all. I am a new 1971 owner, and am looking for some replacement parts that i can't seem to locate - or even determine the name of. These are plastic "filler" pieces found up near the cowl area, "capping" the front fender. It bends down and around, and is attached with one screw you can reach with the door open.

I will look for a photo to reference.

Thanks!

Hello all. I am a new 1971 owner, and am looking for some replacement parts that i can't seem to locate - or even determine the name of. These are plastic "filler" pieces found up near the cowl area, "capping" the front fender. It bends down and around, and is attached with one screw you can reach with the door open.

Thanks!
That might be the Goesinta.But im not sure ?

I know what you are talking about. Kind of a rare piece, fills in the open raer end of the fender so you cannot see down inside of it. They made two different versions of that piece and not every mustang even had them from the factory.

I've been looking for a set of them for years. They hardly ever turn up for sale.

Thanks for the replies. I hate to admit it, but I casually ripped (literally) mine off, as I assumed they would certainly be available as a reproduction. I've been spoiled by the early year cars I own. Man do i feel stupid!

Great web site. I look forward to contributing when I can.

Dennis

Are you guys referring to the inner fender splash shields?

They pop up on ebay every so often. There is a couple sets on there now.

Don at OMS can probably hook you up as well.

Thanks for the replies. I hate to admit it, but I casually ripped (literally) mine off, as I assumed they would certainly be available as a reproduction. I've been spoiled by the early year cars I own. Man do i feel stupid!

Great web site. I look forward to contributing when I can.

Dennis
Don't feel to bad - if it came off with one screw it was already broken.

They usually have a screw on each end.

They were only used on cars built before 6 / 1 / 71

Not sure what Ford called them but we go by

Fender filler ends

No repro available hard to find good ones as the sun deteriorated them.

You guys have me very curious as to what part your talking about...wondering if mine are missing and don't even realize it. If someone has a pic please post.

Jeff
Jeff - they were not on 1973 cars

Don

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks!
I believe I have a set of the original filler peices you are looking for.....I attached a picture.....feel free to PM me if these are the parts.

filler.jpg

Those are the parts! (although the bottom dog-legs are still attached to my car). Is it correct that not cars received these? My car is probably a September or October 1970 production vehicle. No official name or part number? I see no # on mine.

I may try and repair my mistake, or Bob, I will PM you back.

Those are the parts! (although the bottom dog-legs are still attached to my car). Is it correct that not cars received these? My car is probably a September or October 1970 production vehicle. No official name or part number? I see no # on mine.

I may try and repair my mistake, or Bob, I will PM you back.
dont know what the "official" name would be.....These came off of a 71 convertible that I parted out. They are for sale if you need them.

Back