New Member Pennsylvania - 73 FB

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Fastback 351c 2v
Great forum! I just bought a 73 Fastback with a 351c v2 last month, a Christmas present to myself. Needs work, but pretty decent condition all in all.

I started with a tuneup and got it running fairly well. One problem I'm having is I can't adjust the timing because the distributor won't turn. I took some advice from the forum posts and spray it with PB blaster and tap with a hammer everyday. I'm trying to be patient with it.

I am working on the interior now. Stripped it and cleaning up some surface rust. Painting the trim and replacing the carpet. I'm not looking forward to installing a new headliner, so I'll save that for spring.

24vv77t.jpg

2w4k3cx.jpg

35a3pdx.jpg

::welcome:: from Maine . Nice lookin' car , those X-mas presents you pick out yourself are always the best ! :D

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Be sure to drop a pin on our Member Map under the Fun Stuff tab at the top of the page.

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Nice looking fastback. Good luck with the distributer and keep the updates coming.

Welcome from western Tennessee! ::welcome:: Nice looking car. I really like that blue. I just bought a 73 Mach 1, to replace my car-B-qued coupe. The Mach 1 isn't nearly as nice as yours, but someday... :)

Welcome from western Tennessee! ::welcome:: Nice looking car. I really like that blue. I just bought a 73 Mach 1, to replace my car-B-qued coupe. The Mach 1 isn't nearly as nice as yours, but someday... :)
Thanks....mine looks good from a distance.

Welcome from central Ohio::welcome:: Nice looking fastback you have there. I like those blue Mustangs! This forum is a huge resource for anything you need to do to your car. Don't forget to use the Google Search feature (upper right corner) to look for existing threads on any topic. Post up some pics of your interior if you get a chance.

Looks like a 69/70 pop open gas cap on there, is that right? I like it, but I'm surprised it fit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a 69/70 pop open gas cap on there, is that right? I like it, but I'm surprised it fit!
It is a pop open. I thought that was stock?? The previous owner did not do much with it in the 7 years he had it,but he did replace the gas tank. Could that explain it?

Nice car, I have a 73 fastback also. Sometimes I wonder how many are still around of the 10,820 that were produced that model year, I'm guessing quite a few.

Welcome to the site. Nice 73! Where in Pa are you??
I'm originally from PA as well.
I'm in Bethlehem. Not far from the NJ border.

Nice car, I have a 73 fastback also. Sometimes I wonder how many are still around of the 10,820 that were produced that model year, I'm guessing quite a few.
I've spent alot of time looking for pictures of a plain fastback and you really don't see many. Most are Mach 1's, maybe converted FB's to Mach 1's. I'm trying to get ideas of paint jobs with a standard hood like I have. I really don't see any FBs with standard hoods, mostly only on coups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back