What "odd" things has your car been called?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kit Sullivan

What odd things have others called your car, or maybe mistaken it for a different car?

I have had several people over the years ask if it was a Camaro, or a Challenger.

I once had a young girl who worked for me that claimed she absolutely LOVED old classic Mustangs!

I pointed out the window at my car (the only car in the lot!) and she said "Where?"

Kind of confused I said "Right there..."

She says "That big 'ol station wagon? No, I like the classics, like the '87 LX 5.0s!"

She was cute, and would have made a nice "seat cover" but far too stupid. My heart sank...

I have never had anyone mistaken the type of car, but the year.

I have had people ask its a sixty what?? As soon as i say 72', I get the dumb look and they ask, " I thought the 70's were the small Mustangs, and they walk away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Yeah. I get a lot of "what year" but not a lot of "What kind of car is that."

Not really a direct name, but when my car sat in storage in my fathers barn for many years he told me "you should trade that car for a brush pile and then burn the brush pile". He was just kidding me though.

I too , have had the young girls not know what the hell it is. :s My wife started the "Kermit the Frog" nickname to annoy me , but it got funny and kinda stuck. :p

Mine are all called pices of crap at the moment - but I see what they will become :)

Lets see mines been called a camaro and torino also I get the year confusion too mostly it's sixty what ? Or is that a 73, 74 even as new as 76 once. And the young people my age usually have no idea what it is other then old.

Call it a "1967 Chevrolet Hammerhead concept car," the one "they didn't build." Sooner or later, some schmuck will say "it must be the greatest musclecar Chevy never built."

Come to think of it, had it been called the "Ford Hammerhead" instead of the Mustang, they might have escaped some of the biased press - though there was no point in encroaching on the Torino sales either.

Hammerhead is a very accurate descriptor of the '71-73s front end though:

hammerhead-sharks-pictures1.jpg

mump_1006_05_o+1971_ford_mustang_mach_1+front_view.jpg

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine has been called a Cougar.

Mine has been called "that's a nice car,

what is it?".

They never get the year right even

though my license plate frame reads

1971 Mustang. That is a lesson in

itself.

mike

It's been called a Camaro, Charger, Mach 2 and 3, I have had many puzzled kids just ask what the heck is that?
At least the fellow who guessed Charger can have a few brownie points for referencing Mopar over GM ;)

-Kurt

A few years ago, my insurance man retired so I had to call the home office to make changes. So when I called to put full coverage back on mu Mach once spring got back here in Ohio, I got a very young female clerk. She informed me that she didn't know.if she could issue me insurance. After all the years I was with my insurance company without any accidents, I was shocked and asked why. She hesitated for a few.minutes and then came back an asked me, "Just what is a machine one anyway." Hagerty got a new customer that day.

My car is often called a "midlife crisis", but in reality, it's now more like a three-quarterlife crisis.

First it was simply, "That." Then it was called a "Petri Dish of Tetanus." Then "The Rustang" for the longest time. Now, it's either, "Frankenstang," "The Mustang," The Mach 1," "The Stang," or other titles associated with coolness - mostly from the people who were bashing it from the beginning.

I can't wait til it's back on the road to hear some of the mistaken identity names others come up with.

Back