Where can I find these convenience group lights and bezels?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible, factory 302, disc brakes and A/C. Started to rebuild it all original but elected to go full tilt and rebuilt everything in the drivetrain, a/c, cooling, etc. etc. etc.
I have not come to this area yet but when I do I would like to replace these indicator lights and bezels, I believe that they are part of the convenience group.(please correct me if I'm wrong)

A precursory query of the internet indicates that they are hard to find. Does anyone know where I might find them?

I will also be replacing all of chrome pull knobs ..... seems that the 300 documented original miles has been harsh on them for some reason. I should ask my 85 year old mother why she was so rough on them. I knew I should have bought the $65,000.00 71 vert on Ebay last night with the photo shop grabber blue door handles and all. rofl

DSC_0043 (Medium).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe "hard to find" is an understatement. I believe the categorical name for these things is: "Unobtainium."

Seriously - no repops [that I know of].

I guess it is off to Pandora, my builder said that he could turn the bezels on his lathe but the red plastic lenses would be something I would have to find. I was hoping that someone was making repo's or just maybe someone has salvaged them from a parts car.

My car has the convenience group. I have the Park in place but just have a rubber plug where the Belts one is supposed to go. At least you have both!

Please post if you do find a place to find these. I would be interested. I found the wire behind the Belts that I assume once plugged in there.

If you do find don't throw the old ones away!

I was going to remove mine and wield then shut when I did my dash. I only have the parking so only one hole to fill. In the future if they ever make them I can always drill it back out. So I'm 99% correct.

I have a very similar-looking set-up as well... except for an LED for the rear defroster next to the rear defroster switch/bezel. My plan is to use the LED with a similar switch (if it'll fit in the bezel) for some driving lights. Otherwise, I'll use one of those cool toggles with the MILSPEC-looking 'flip-open-to-use' covers.

OpiemusRex - talk to me about getting those bezels machined. Are you talking about the switch bezels, or the indicator lights? If you come up with something workable, I know I'd probably be interested in replacing my old, nasty plastic switch bezels with something that would last forever.

It might be something your friend could do on the side for some spare cash as well - I can think of a handful of folks on a particularly focused Mustang forums that might be interested. ;)

I would think we could modify these to at least have something in the holes.

Cheap enough to try:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-68-MUSTANG-CONVENIENCE-CONTROL-PANEL-BEZEL-LENS-SET-/370791419709?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5654e40f3d&vxp=mtr

2dumhja.jpg

- Paul

I bought the belt one on e bay a few years ago after looking for the longest time. It was in ok shape and I paid around $100.00

I have not come to this area yet but when I do I would like to replace these indicator lights and bezels, I believe that they are part of the convenience group.(please correct me if I'm wrong)

A precursory query of the internet indicates that they are hard to find. Does anyone know where I might find them?

I will also be replacing all of chrome pull knobs ..... seems that the 300 documented original miles has been harsh on them for some reason. I should ask my 85 year old mother why she was so rough on them. I knew I should have bought the $65,000.00 71 vert on Ebay last night with the photo shop grabber blue door handles and all. rofl
You just need the belts one ?

Don

Don, were these supposed to be chrome or painted silver? I just want two matching ones in good shape, I definitely need the belt one if nothing else.

Back