Greetings from Ohio

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ObservantGuy

Reaction score
My Car
Just bought a 1972 Mustang Grande survivor from GA. About to trailer it up to OH.
302-2V
Greetings from Ohio.

I just bought my first Mustang this week, a '72 Grande survivor from the Atlanta area. I am having it trailered to Ohio next week. It is a 302- 2 bbl automatic, with 80,000 gentle miles.

It is straight, unmolested, rust free, complete, and was loved by its' two previous owners. I promised to love her too. It needs a few minor things - the vinyl top is toast, as is the top of the back seat.

After I get the basics done, fluid changes, tune-up, new belts and hoses, and some brake work, she will look comfortable sitting in "Mustang Row" at the summer cruise-ins. I don't plan on making her a show car, I am quite content with a respectable, original cruiser.

About me?

I am 55, single, two adult kids. My daily driver is a 2012 Fusion Sport with AWD. I've owned more cars than I care to count, among them a '66 Dodge van, a '68 Galaxie, a '72 Montego MX, and '70 Grand Prix Model J, a '72 Grand Prix Model SJ, an '89 Probe, an '04 300 Special, and a ton of others in between.

[/font]

Welcome! What part of Atlanta did you find it?

Greetings from Ohio.

I just bought my first Mustang this week, a '72 Grande survivor from the Atlanta area. I am having it trailered to Ohio next week. It is a 302- 2 bbl automatic, with 80,000 gentle miles.

It is straight, unmolested, rust free, complete, and was loved by its' two previous owners. I promised to love her too. It needs a few minor things - the vinyl top is toast, as is the top of the back seat.

After I get the basics done, fluid changes, tune-up, new belts and hoses, and some brake work, she will look comfortable sitting in "Mustang Row" at the summer cruise-ins. I don't plan on making her a show car, I am quite content with a respectable, original cruiser.

About me?

I am 55, single, two adult kids. My daily driver is a 2012 Fusion Sport with AWD. I've owned more cars than I care to count, among them a '66 Dodge van, a '68 Galaxie, a '72 Montego MX, and '70 Grand Prix Model J, a '72 Grand Prix Model SJ, an '89 Probe, an '04 300 Special, and a ton of others in between.

[/font]
Welcome from Youngstown, Ohio. Post some pictures when you get your car.
Mac

Sounds like you have a very nice original car!

I too have a soft spot in my heart for the 69-71 Pontiac Gran Prix cars. Mom drove a 69 J when I was little. I always wished it was an SJ. Worked briefly at a bodyshop and helped restore a 71 Hurst Gran Prix. It was a cool car. The owner took me a ride and while the car looked great, it really was not as quick as I thought it would be. A friend's 429 Torino Cobra or my Boss would eat it alive in a race back then.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing about the progress on your repairs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Be sure to drop a pin on our member map under the Fun Stuff tab at the top of the page.

Post some pics too. ;)

Greetings from Ohio.

About me?

[/font]
Congrats on your first Mustang purchase! I remember that feeling as well. I was 18. I am also working on a 72 but it is not in the shape that yours is. Good luck and you have come to the right place for advice and support.

::welcome:: from Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back