Greetings from Ohio

ObservantGuy

Greetings from Ohio.

I just bought my first Mustang this week, a '72 Grande survivor from the Atlanta area. I am having it trailered to Ohio next week. It is a 302- 2 bbl automatic, with 80,000 gentle miles.

It is straight, unmolested, rust free, complete, and was loved by its' two previous owners. I promised to love her too. It needs a few minor things - the vinyl top is toast, as is the top of the back seat.

After I get the basics done, fluid changes, tune-up, new belts and hoses, and some brake work, she will look comfortable sitting in "Mustang Row" at the summer cruise-ins. I don't plan on making her a show car, I am quite content with a respectable, original cruiser.

About me?

I am 55, single, two adult kids. My daily driver is a 2012 Fusion Sport with AWD. I've owned more cars than I care to count, among them a '66 Dodge van, a '68 Galaxie, a '72 Montego MX, and '70 Grand Prix Model J, a '72 Grand Prix Model SJ, an '89 Probe, an '04 300 Special, and a ton of others in between.

[/font]

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! What part of Atlanta did you find it?

1972 H-code Mach1

2010 GT Premium

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T

1995 F150- The "home depot" machine

2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra

Greetings from Ohio.

I just bought my first Mustang this week, a '72 Grande survivor from the Atlanta area. I am having it trailered to Ohio next week. It is a 302- 2 bbl automatic, with 80,000 gentle miles.

It is straight, unmolested, rust free, complete, and was loved by its' two previous owners. I promised to love her too. It needs a few minor things - the vinyl top is toast, as is the top of the back seat.

After I get the basics done, fluid changes, tune-up, new belts and hoses, and some brake work, she will look comfortable sitting in "Mustang Row" at the summer cruise-ins. I don't plan on making her a show car, I am quite content with a respectable, original cruiser.

About me?

I am 55, single, two adult kids. My daily driver is a 2012 Fusion Sport with AWD. I've owned more cars than I care to count, among them a '66 Dodge van, a '68 Galaxie, a '72 Montego MX, and '70 Grand Prix Model J, a '72 Grand Prix Model SJ, an '89 Probe, an '04 300 Special, and a ton of others in between.

[/font]

Welcome from Youngstown, Ohio. Post some pictures when you get your car.

Mac

Sounds like you have a very nice original car!

I too have a soft spot in my heart for the 69-71 Pontiac Gran Prix cars. Mom drove a 69 J when I was little. I always wished it was an SJ. Worked briefly at a bodyshop and helped restore a 71 Hurst Gran Prix. It was a cool car. The owner took me a ride and while the car looked great, it really was not as quick as I thought it would be. A friend's 429 Torino Cobra or my Boss would eat it alive in a race back then.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing about the progress on your repairs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from western Tennessee! ::welcome::

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

Greetings from Ohio.

About me?

[/font]

Congrats on your first Mustang purchase! I remember that feeling as well. I was 18. I am also working on a 72 but it is not in the shape that yours is. Good luck and you have come to the right place for advice and support.

Welcome from Ontario Canada.

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

Welcome from Rhode island.

sent from my Samsung SIII via TapTalk

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

::welcome:: from Maine

1_11_01_14_4_00_47.jpeg

460 , Edelbrock Performer carb. + intake , 204 / 214 cam , Pertronix Flamethrower 2 billet dizzy + coil , Crites long tubes , C6 .

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-jbojo

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Thanks all for the kind welcome!

I found it in Villa Rica, 25 miles from the Alabama border. My nephew and brother in law are picking it up today, and next week my other nephew will put it on his trailer and bring it to Ohio.

I have been doing some digging to find a decent vinyl top replacement shop in NE Ohio, and that is turning into a bigger job than I expected. Seats are going to be easy.

I think I have managed to successfully attach a picture here.

Thanks for posting the picture. Looks like someone changed the grill to the 73 style. Looks like it is in great condition.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg