• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a high stall converter ($$$)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback (Factory sprint, but now a bright red Mach 1)
351c 2v(big ol cam, holley dominator intake, roller set, edelbrock 4bbl)

fmx
Hey, just looking to see if somebody has a torque converter out there laying around that i could use a lot.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, just looking to see if somebody has a torque converter out there laying around that i could use a lot.

Thanks!
What kind of trans?? I have a stock stall converter for a older c4. I think its a 1968 c4. The older ones have a different spline count than the newer 70 and up I believe. If you can you use it, you can have it if you pay shipping. Worked fine when I took it out of my c4. I put in a 3000 stall converter.

I have go two converters for a C6. ones a nearly new hughes 2300-2500 stall, and the other is a brand new 3000-3200 stall 10 inch converter. if you are running a c4 or fmx you just need a spline adaptor (50.00) then you can run these. but i can cut you a good deal if interested.

did you verify that you dont already have a stock converter? the oem is about as low as you would ever want and the typical swap is to a HIGHER stall to enhance launch. A lower RPM converter will cause your engine to bog at launch most of the time, unless you run 4:11 gears and stomp the pedal every time you leave a traffic light. which is unlikely and difficult to live with. you will end up always having to modulating the throttle and brake pedal...and ramming the cars in front of you.

Did you figure out what is making your engine stall out and idle poorly? I had to two foot mine too keep it running, one on the gas and one on the brake, until I changed to a milder cam. I tried a higher stall too but nothing worked until the cam change, I hope yours is has a easier fix, BTW I changed my gear from 3.00 to 3.55 as well.

Did you figure out what is making your engine stall out and idle poorly? I had to two foot mine too keep it running, one on the gas and one on the brake, until I changed to a milder cam. I tried a higher stall too but nothing worked until the cam change, I hope yours is has a easier fix, BTW I changed my gear from 3.00 to 3.55 as well.
I still havent been able to:-/ I'm checking vaccum lines tomorrow starting with the brake booster then the trans module/hose. I sprayed a bunch of ether all around the intake manifold and confirmed that it wasn't leaking.

Thanks for the concern, I'll keep you posted.

BTW, What was the grind on your cam before you got a different one?

Back