1972 Sprint project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Sprint coupe with a factory vinyl roof outline and factory yellow paint lining the inner panels? For $9,500? Complete with bent-up cigarette butt on the carpeting?

Me thinks he's mistaken a '72 Exterior Decor Group coupe for a Sprint because of the urethane bumper and Sportlamp grill.

Even if it was a Sprint, this thing would be $9,500 if finished, and that would be on a good day.

-Kurt

Good catches Kurt.

30k original miles? How the heck did the car get destroyed sitting on the garage floor?

It looks like the pampered 30k miles were down a mountain road - straight down!

I bet the brake pedal is worn down or missing - 30k miles will barely get it dirty...

Unreal advertising to say the least.

Ray

I looked up the sprints when i was researching what mine was from the factory (1972 fastback sprint, now a mach) They made A TON of sprint coupes(~6200). It would be a valuable item had it be a fastback (~3000 made) or better yet a convertible(only 50).

Essentially, a sprint coupe is pretty much as valuable as any other coupe. Especially an unrestored one.

Pee-ew! Is this guy purposely misrepresenting this car? This is reminiscent of the 71 vert with 300 miles owned by the 80 year old aunt! Maybe it's an aunt thing, maybe the aunts are full of misinformation spreading discontent! Old aunts just made my list of questionable suspects! :dodgy:

30k original miles? How the heck did the car get destroyed sitting on the garage floor?
Easily explainable with the help of Mr. Hack, the Generic Vintage Car Seller, who puts it thus, depending on the situation:

• "I never learned how to count past 99,999."
  • "Watch as I connect this power drill to the odometer, and recreate a scene from Christine!"
  • "You know, this junkyard had a Mustang with a speedo cluster..."

-Kurt

Back