Oh, I remember that God-awful plaid they used in the 70's, yuck

Car looks to be in decent shape though

http://augusta.craigslist.org/cto/4274342750.html

1972 H-code Mach1

2010 GT Premium

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T

1995 F150- The "home depot" machine

2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra

Looks like a fun car with a 302. Engine looks clean.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Decent looking car. That interior would cause acid reflux if I had to own it.

Even with the 302 - they were S L O W. passing gear was just extra noise. One like this could be a real sneaky sleeper with a 5.0 transplant from a Fox body car!

I'm sure there are some easy mods to liven stock motor up without changing too much from stock but I don't consider it worth the effort. Guess it would be a neat little cruiser if you could live with that upholstery.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Interesting - Ford used the same scheme on the '77 Bill Blass Lincoln Continental Mark V:

1977-Lincoln-Mark-V-Bill-Blass.jpg

2romagp.jpg

Not to mention the familial resemblance at the dashboard:

SC12_r123_03.jpg

mjs8sh.jpg

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

Black and Tan was a popular color scheme then, a "pre Eddie Baur" look perhaps

1972 H-code Mach1

2010 GT Premium

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T

1995 F150- The "home depot" machine

2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra

I hate to say this, but I won't mind owning that car :s

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

I hate to say this, but I won't mind owning that car :s

+1

It would be a fun parts / go to post office car

Bob

Tachs, Voltmeters, Headlight kits, Wiper delays and more at

http://www.rccinnovations.com/Images/smlogo.jpg

Rocketman's Classic Cougar (and Mustang) Innovations, LLC

it would be fun to drive. My nephew has a 74 with a little 4 banger and it will smoke the tires clear till 3rd gear! LOL!!! You could wake that 302 up pretty easily with a cam, intake and carb.

before

15i916p.jpg

after

2le4bxf.jpg

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

Interesting - Ford used the same scheme on the '77 Bill Blass Lincoln Continental Mark V:

-Kurt

Kurt, I can tell you why the looks the same.

the Lincoln farted, and a little Mustang popped out.. LOL

rofl

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

I wouldn't mind having it if it weren't a Ghia. A friend in high school had a 77 Cobra white w/ blue stripes, it looked nice just lacked power. Still had more then my 74 Pinto until another friend bought it from me and dropped in a 302.

it would be fun to drive. My nephew has a 74 with a little 4 banger and it will smoke the tires clear till 3rd gear! LOL!!! You could wake that 302 up pretty easily with a cam, intake and carb.

before

15i916p.jpg

after

2le4bxf.jpg

Smoking those tires must have been when it was raining or snowing! :D

Specs of Ford Pinto 2-door Sedan 2000-cc and manual 4-speed gearbox, model year 1974, version for North America U.S:

122 cui displacement with advertised power 80 hp ( SAE net )

@ 5400 and 97 lb-ft of torque.

official base curb weight 2425 lbs

How fast is that car ? Performance:

top speed - 96 mph (theoretical);

accelerations 0- 60 mph 13.4 s

(a-c simulation); 1/4 mile drag time 19.3 s

Trust me - I'm sure the new Shelby owners with cars that commonly push between 500-700+ HP as delivered - can call my cars slow and I don't have much to argue with except for the 'class' aspect of a classic Mustang, that, in their day were very respectably performance oriented.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

If you hold her to the floor and side step the clutch you can get them smoking pretty good. If i remember they are 13" tires on there and pretty easy to get turning LOL! Its no power house but it was good for a 16 year old kid..... now 18. Trying to find a thunderbird turbo coupe to steal the motor out of for it.

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

If you hold her to the floor and side step the clutch you can get them smoking pretty good. If i remember they are 13" tires on there and pretty easy to get turning LOL! Its no power house but it was good for a 16 year old kid..... now 18. Trying to find a thunderbird turbo coupe to steal the motor out of for it.

Now you're talking! That would be fun. More than a few have/or are planning Turbo Coupe or Mustang SVO transplants.

Super sleeper. That would be some giddy-up in that little Ghia too!

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

I like it, even the plaid interior. I'm not sure why these cars get such a bad wrap. Ford produced a gazillion of them and people bought them up. I'd say it was a very successful little car. I'd certainly drive it if it were mine.

spacer.png

When they came out performance was a bad word. They managed to tie this car in with Pintos and all other little very much non-performance cars. My 1974 Mach 1 was embarrassing to be carrying the Mach 1 badging. Even Ford realized this and dropped that model The bad wrap is due to the environment/demand the car was designed and produced to fill. The Mustang name helped sell a ton of these. In my opinion it should have been named something else. But it did keep the name in the market. I bought a 1982 GT and very impressed. The performance and handling was vastly improved over the 74-78's! If you like them for the nostalgia, then I understand. If you like them for their performance or handling (which I like to do for the Mustang) - sorry even the King Cobra was mostly a body kit I know others really like these and that's cool but give me any 71-3 instead any day.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

I like it, even the plaid interior. I'm not sure why these cars get such a bad wrap. Ford produced a gazillion of them and people bought them up. I'd say it was a very successful little car. I'd certainly drive it if it were mine.

The notchbacks look passable for looks, but the fastbacks are unbearable.

Either way, they still have that silly wheelbase due to the limits of using the Pinto as the source package. Fix the wheelbase and the other small things wrong with the design, and you have a tolerable little car.

I've posted this before, and it proves my theory:

mustangII.jpg

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

The notchbacks look passable for looks, but the fastbacks are unbearable.

Either way, they still have that silly wheelbase due to the limits of using the Pinto as the source package. Fix the wheelbase and the other small things wrong with the design, and you have a tolerable little car.

I've posted this before, and it proves my theory:

mustangII.jpg

-Kurt

No doubt an improvement, especially the rear side window.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

-Kurt

Kurt, I can tell you why the looks the same.

the Lincoln farted, and a little Mustang popped out.. LOL

rofl

No that would have been a pinto (piece of crap)...LOL