Opera windows on Sports Roof

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhvidston

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang conv 302
1973 Mustang conv 351
Ran across this photo of a fastback with Lincolnesque opera windows..

Nicely done...

Mustang_0249[1].jpg

Agreed - of all that have been modified in this manner, this one appears to be the best executed (pertaining to the craftsmanship, that is).

Still looks like hell though.

-Kurt

Still looks like hell though.

-Kurt
+1 to that, ruined a perfectly good fastback and I've grown quite fond of them after joining this crew. :D

+1 to that, ruined a perfectly good fastback and I've grown quite fond of them after joining this crew. :D
Not quite ruined - like it or not, it is a surviving example of a dealer modification that would otherwise be lost to history.

For that matter, nobody has bothered to attempt documenting most of these aftermarket kits and the dealers known for installing them either.

-Kurt

Let's all hope they don't come back in fashion.

I've kept my tramp rods, air shocks and fluffy dice just in case.

Who remembers those bubble glass/plastic things they used to install on the side of some cars...

Here in au a lot of dudes used to put them on their holden "sandman" panel vans!

They complimented the purple crush velour interior nicely... (I think I swollowed some vomit whilst typing this)

Panel vans shagging wagons

when you get it all wrong they look like this

w82g5k.jpg
[/img]

when you get it right they look like this

if0ew9.jpg
[/img]

Panel vans shagging wagons

when you get it all wrong they look like this

w82g5k.jpg
[/img]

when you get it right they look like this