Ford Carlisle 2014

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang convertible, 351-4v
4 speed, bright red, original owner
MCA National show winner
Anyone going to Ford Carlisle?

We applied (and were accepted) to have a car in a special display, so we will be under a BIG TENT representing the 1973 Mustang!! They are looking for one of every year so if you have a Mustang maybe you have one they are looking for..

It looks like it should be a nice show,Carlisle always does a Great job its just the weather that is always questionable.

Stop by and introduce yourself...

We have been going to Ford Carlisle every year since the beginning. But always are showing in the fun field. A few years ago, we were told that we should apply for an invitational spot, we applied for a spot for the 73 and our 681/2 mustang 428cobra jet to be inside and they accepted the 68 for building T.

I don't know much about the tent set up, I don't recall them doing that before at Ford Carlisle but I guess they have done it for other big events.

To apply for a spot go to Carlisle Invitational and fill out the application. If you cant get in this year you can always apply for a spot next year, it wont be the 50th but it still is a nice event. You have to be in there 4 days (and your car cannot be moved) if you are excepted and cant leave till after 4:00 Sunday.

If I can be any more help let me know either by email or right on this thread I will be checking back..

Last edited by a moderator:

We applied (and were accepted) to have a car in a special display, so we will be under a BIG TENT representing the 1973 Mustang!! They are looking for one of every year so if you have a Mustang maybe you have one they are looking for..

It looks like it should be a nice show,Carlisle always does a Great job its just the weather that is always questionable.

Congrats on getting into the big tent! I'd love to see Carlisle, I haven't been there since 1996 and I bet things have changed.

Good post.

I made this thread a "sticky thread" under 71-71 Mustang talk so it will remain one of the top topics for upcoming events.

Im gonna try to make it for the 50th. Its about a 5hr drive for me but I think the mach 1 is up for it. My 71 and my parents 66 was accepted for the 45th display 5 years ago. They had 1 of every year there. My 71 broke a rocker arm the night before we were to drive out, so it didn't make it but my parents 66 did.

I will be there again this year looking for parts and just being there for the experience. hopefully we'll have decent weather this year. I'll be there on Saturday so if anyone wants to meet up, let me know.:)

I would love to go, what is the process or what are they looking for to have the car in the big tent?
added more info to original thread.
Bottom line is you need to be there for four days.

http://ceadmin08.serveronline.net/ceinvite/

Invitational display(s) feature vehicles ranging from classic restorations to full-blown customs. Some events will highlight and feature anniversaries or themes. If you would like to have your vehicle considered for a Carlisle invitational display please complete this form and follow the instructions below. We will review applications and notify you by telephone and/or mail if your vehicle has been selected. Vehicles selected to appear in the Invitational will receive free admission, on-grounds parking, a goody bag, recognition plaque and photo in our event magazine. Your vehicle will be displayed to the general public for three full days.

Photos of the vehicle are required and submissions will not be accepted without a photo of the vehicle.

Please have at least three photos handy to upload prior to beginning this form. Include interior, engine and exterior front 3/4 with hood and trunk down. See page 2 here for photography guidelines. All photos submitted become property of Carlisle Events and will not be returned.

Vehicles must arrive on Thursday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. and remain until 3 p.m. on Sunday. For Performance & Style, arrival is on Friday between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m.

I will be going. If the 72 HO was restored I would display it but I right now I am just bring it to cruise around

We have been going to Ford Carlisle every year since the beginning. But always are showing in the fun field. A few years ago, we were told that we should apply for an invitational spot, we applied for a spot for the 73 and our 681/2 mustang 428cobra jet to be inside and they accepted the 68 for building T.

I don't know much about the tent set up, I don't recall them doing that before at Ford Carlisle but I guess they have done it for other big events.

To apply for a spot go to Carlisle Invitational and fill out the application. If you cant get in this year you can always apply for a spot next year, it wont be the 50th but it still is a nice event. You have to be in there 4 days (and your car cannot be moved) if you are excepted and cant leave till after 4:00 Sunday.

If I can be any more help let me know either by email or right on this thread I will be checking back..
I will be showing my car there but can't stay the full four days so the invitational is out.

I'll be sure to come by and say hello.

Looks like I will be joining you under the big tent at Carlisle, but I will be representing the 1971 Convertible!

Look forward to meeting you!

Looks like I will be joining you under the big tent at Carlisle, but I will be representing the 1971 Convertible!

Good to hear, congratulations!

Carlisle is always a good show it should be a lot of fun.

look forward to meeting you also.

Good to hear, congratulations!

Carlisle is always a good show it should be a lot of fun.

look forward to meeting you also.
Have you checked the Carlisle website lately?

My car is shown next to yours!

I've been at the last 5 with my son. We should set at date and time for meeting everyone. Sounds like many will be there. I only go for the day either sat or sunday depending on the weather report.

Alan L

I just added the event dates to the thread subtitle, June 6th through 8th 2014.

I may go to this one since I had to cancel Charlotte.

I guess I was too late for the invitational for the 72 Mach1 :(

It's funny though for the 72 sprint convertible owned by John Feola they used a picture of my old sprint. ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back