PS Sport Mirror at 5 below

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible H Code, 351C 2V FMX
With a bunch snow still keeping us inside, for the most part (trying not to sound too whiny here), I decided to focus on something beside not being able to pull the blasted block out and get on with the engine rebuild. So, with the temperature currently at 5 FREAKING degrees BELOW zero, I'm thinking about summer, and wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to replace the mirror part of the Sport Mirror pictured here:

PS Mirror (Small).JPG

PS Mirror Frame (Small).JPG

Or should I try to replace the whole mirror assembly, rather than just the glass part?

Doc

The mirror on the passenger side is easy to replace. There is just two screws that hold it in. Try to find you the glass somewhere and just screw it in. Talk to Mike at Motorcity Mustangs and he'll hook you up with everything you need for a very reasonable peice.

Hey Doc,

Oldmountainfarm is right, the passenger side is pretty easy to fix and getting them from one of the parts suppliers would be good but if you can't get repro I think the attached photos show the assembly and part number you are looking for. It looks like anything with sport mirrors from '69 up to '73 (maybe even later as mid 70's cougars and Torinos had similar mirrors) should work as the fomoco # on mine is C9ZB-17687-A. I think the painted mirror body (which you already have) is different for our cars but the glass should work.

If you get the assembly from a parts car, just make sure you keep the screw that holds the mirror into the mirror body. I have the wrong one and the glass shakes loose all the time.

If you can't find one near you or from a repro supplier let me know. I know where there are some 71-73 coupes and they have sport mirrors. I'm going to get parts for my car when the weather warms up and I could get the assembly for you.

passenger mirror1 .jpg

passenger mirror parts2.JPG

I figured Mike would have the mirror and the screws at MotorCity Mustangs. You can't beat his shipping prices. I probably have one in my shop if he doesn't. Let me know.

I have one out in the shop. I think the mirror might be a little cloudy though, I will have to see if I can find it. If you want it I would sell it for $10.00 plus shipping.

I have one out in the shop. I think the mirror might be a little cloudy though, I will have to see if I can find it. If you want it I would sell it for $10.00 plus shipping.
Thanks, Tom. If you could snap a pic that shows the degree of cloudiness, that would be great. If it's not too bad, you might have a customer.

Doc

Thanks, Tom. If you could snap a pic that shows the degree of cloudiness, that would be great. If it's not too bad, you might have a customer.

Doc
I will see what I can do!

Here are the pics! The glass is much better than I originally thought It just has light scratches but is not cloudy. It has a C9ZB part number on it. I will still sell it for $10.00 to help you out. According to google you are only 370 mi. from here so shipping should be cheap. I also have lots of other parts options etc. So if you need or want anything else let me know. Thanks Tom
2cna9fm.jpg
14nppa8.jpg

Here are the pics! The glass is much better than I originally thought It just has light scratches but is not cloudy. It has a C9ZB part number on it. I will still sell it for $10.00 to help you out. According to google you are only 370 mi. from here so shipping should be cheap. I also have lots of other parts options etc. So if you need or want anything else let me know. Thanks Tom
2cna9fm.jpg
14nppa8.jpg
You've got mail.

Back