Well liner installation

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Need a little help here. I'm trying to figure out how to install the well liner in my 'vert and I thought it was going to be easy. I think I might be missing some parts. Does anyone have any pictures of how this is supposed to go together?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

As my seats are installed I can't get pictures of everything you might need. Which area are you concerned about. Rear seat area, tack strip area, or something else, I'm sure I can guide you through it.

My factory shop manual may have the details but will not be able to check until late this evening. If no one else has info, I'll scan and post up for you.

The liner has the back cover pocket sewn so centering it is certain. Install the rod in the sleeve prior to slipping the liner over the seat back partition. Find the center of the liner and attach to the center of the already installed tack strip. The liner is attached with big head Philips head screws. The liner is pierced by the screws upon attachment. Check your existing tack strip you will probably see 1/8" holes every 9" or so. I tend to use the existing holes. There is a thread titled "Back of well liner" that shows a few screws and liner placement. The screws are placed about 3/8" from the fabric edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you still have the car, perhaps you could attach a picture of the factory original screws.?
Unfortunately it's buried under its cover hibernating in the garage (which is holding about 20 F) and I will be out of town for the next couple weeks. I'll see what I can do before departure.

Back