• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Magnum 500 wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does any body have a good set of original magnum 500 wheels. They need to be for a 71 mustang made April 1971. I think the part number was D1OA-1007-A.

Fill free to pm me or send a email to [email protected].

Rozz
I have a set I will give up depending on what you're willing to pay. Original match set of 4 15 inch Ford Magnums from an early 71. D1OA-1007-AA Wheels with original orange paint daubs still on them.

Let me know soon.

The 'real' (not reproduction) 14 inch Magnums came on 66 Shelby Hertz cars and 1971 Torino's. 1972 Torinos and Rancheros were offered with them too. Other similar wheels that used trim rings were available on mid-70's Rancheros, -possibly others. No 14 inch Magnums were factory correct for 71-3 Mustangs.

From the 'net:

Most common Shelby mixup - original 14x6 1966 Hertz Magnum vs 14x7 1971 Torino Magnum (D1OZ p/n). Look closely at the area where the center meets the outer rim. The difference is the depth of the ridge at the base of the rim, which is the offset for disc brake caliper clearance.

The D1OZ 14x7 was sold by Ford in service for many years as an interchange part, and was also commonly available from Mustang and Shelby parts vendors, so most '66 350's restored in 1970's - 1980's received these wheels.

The third example is a 14x6 for a non disc brake application. Note lack of a disc brake offset. Commonly found on Chyslers of the period, but also sold in the aftermarket by Motor Wheel Corp (Manufacturer of the Magnum 500). Mount these on your GT350 and the front wheels will not turn!

Ray

The 'real' (not reproduction) 14 inch Magnums came on 66 Shelby Hertz cars and 1971 Torino's. 1972 Torinos and Rancheros were offered with them too. Other similar wheels that used trim rings were available on mid-70's Rancheros, -possibly others. No 14 inch Magnums were factory correct for 71-3 Mustangs.

From the 'net:

Most common Shelby mixup - original 14x6 1966 Hertz Magnum vs 14x7 1971 Torino Magnum (D1OZ p/n). Look closely at the area where the center meets the outer rim. The difference is the depth of the ridge at the base of the rim, which is the offset for disc brake caliper clearance.

The D1OZ 14x7 was sold by Ford in service for many years as an interchange part, and was also commonly available from Mustang and Shelby parts vendors, so most '66 350's restored in 1970's - 1980's received these wheels.

The third example is a 14x6 for a non disc brake application. Note lack of a disc brake offset. Commonly found on Chyslers of the period, but also sold in the aftermarket by Motor Wheel Corp (Manufacturer of the Magnum 500). Mount these on your GT350 and the front wheels will not turn!

Ray
I have a set of the original Torino Magnums(Shown in my profile picture.) They did OK when I was all-wheel drum brake, but I had to use a spacer to prevent rubbing on the frame rail when turning.

Does any body have a good set of original magnum 500 wheels. They need to be for a 71 mustang made April 1971. I think the part number was D1OA-1007-A.

Fill free to pm me or send a email to [email protected].

Rozz
I have a set I will give up depending on what you're willing to pay. Original match set of 4 15 inch Ford Magnums from an early 71. D1OA-1007-AA Wheels with original orange paint daubs still on them.

Let me know soon.
I know its a long shot but I am interestedv in yor set of magnum 500 if you still have them

Back