My Mildish Ford Big Block 385 Series!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigPinoyHunk

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q63/sraocampo/?action=view&current=MariaLeaklessExhaustsound.mp4

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q63/sraocampo/?action=view&current=MariaLeaklessExhaustsound.mp4

I am really happy with how tame i got the motor idling. She's a compcam XE 274 cam with 230 & 236 duration. the exhaust is 1 3/4 primary tube mid-length headers (FPA headers), going into 3 inch head pipes, into 3 inch MAGNAFLOW mufflers and 2.5 tail pipes. i got some tiny little tail tips which are rusted and need to be replaced soon. going to install some 2.5 to 3.5 inch tips.

what is your pinoin on how tame i got her sounding guys? its idling about 650ish and i could actually make her idle even lower at 500-550ish but it almost sounds like its not quite running right but doesn't show any sign of turning off though.

so here you have it, here's my maria!!!

Last edited:
It sounds great!!.. Besides... now looking at the videos.. you car really looks fantastic!... I think pictures sometimes don´t get the true impact of a beatiful thing... your car is ONE beatiful thing for sure!... Enjoy María! ;)

Sounds as if you really have that cam tamed down. That having been said, you can really hear it "hitting" on the exhaust.

With the torque you should have, I am sure it will give you a GREAT amount of pleasure "on the road."

OUTSTANDING job!

BT

It sounds great!!.. Besides... now looking at the videos.. you car really looks fantastic!... I think pictures sometimes don´t get the true impact of a beatiful thing... your car is ONE beatiful thing for sure!... Enjoy María! ;)

Shoot, i try to enjoy the "REAL" Maria every night if you know what i mean! :D:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:cool:

Last edited:

Shoot, i try to enjoy the "REAL" Maria every night if you know what i mean! :D:cool::D:cool::D:cool::D:cool:
AHHHH to be young again rofl

Sounds as if you really have that cam tamed down. That having been said, you can really hear it "hitting" on the exhaust.

With the torque you should have, I am sure it will give you a GREAT amount of pleasure "on the road."

OUTSTANDING job!

BT
I really like the sound i've accomplished with the XE274 cam at idle. when i had a c6, i had to have her idle about 900-1000ish in park and about 750-800 in gear. any lower than that it'll be in the zone to be on the verge of almost wanting to die. and of course most people bump up the idle about 100 over the lowest they can make it idle.

i'm really glad to have such a tamed sounding idle and to make the chevy boys think i have such a mild motor or or even a stock system with just some flow-cans installed "flowmasters".

torque you say? what in the world is that? hahaha, this thing has insane amounts of mid-range torque. i was smoking around and i took off, off of a turn and cruised thru the turn at 15mph and went up to 20mph in 1st gear, i slowly smashed the gas to 1/2 throttle and i smashed it a little more and the tires barked loose. i shifted into 2nd gear and hit the throttle about 2/3's of the way and let her spin out until it hooked up. i love it when i cruise at 60mph in 4th gear and i down shift to 3rd gear and smash the gas and let both rear tires bark for a second or two. so you say TORQUE baby, i know what torque i have baby. :D:D:D

however, when the brakes, wheels (will happen soon), interior and suspension gets done i'm going to still get the heads further ported. all i had done originally was have the c9ve heads exhaust humps grinded out and had the roofs raised. no exhaust ports touched. so with the heads being fully ported and possibly getting the larger valves installed. i should be in the 500+hp range. i'm sure i'm not too far off of that 500hp # anyways. i also need to replace my duraspark dist to a MSD and possibly replace my 870 street avenger to a motor specific calibrated carb.

am i still considered young at 28 years old/young?!?!:angel::angel:

AHHHH to be young again rofl

Last edited:
Back