Hello from Oklahoma

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWhitaker

Reaction score
Hello,

Greetings from Oklahoma. My wife has a 71 Mach I that she drove to high school and has owned since 74. It is a rather unusual car. It was first titled to Ford Marketing Corporation in Dearborn. It was kept in Dearborn until mid 72. It has a Detroit(33) DSO. We hold a "B" title to it, as only Ford and my wife have been registered owners. It has a one off stripe on the side installed by Ford, that we have been unable to acquire any info on. We have seen pics of a few others with this stripe, but so far, no solid info. It is also fully loaded with power windows, tilt wheel, intermittent wipers, rear defrost, etc. According to our research so far, it has all options except automatic seat back releases. I would like to post a pic to see how many might have seen or have info on a stripe like this. Thanks for allowing me to participate on this forum.

Regards,

DWhitaker

71 mach 1 moms.jpg

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

That certainly is a nice Mach1! I don't know much about the history of that stripe but someone else here may. We'd love to see some more photos!

Sorry, I don't have many more recent pics of it. This car has not been on the road since 84. Just sitting in the garage covered up.

Saw this car on ebay and I thought it was yours. This one has the mach 1 stripe as well, though. Too many conflicting stripes. Yours is just right.

!BwqHM3wBGk~$(KGrHqIOKioEwPgB+i)hBMJ+75Zl7!~~_3.JPG

Wow, another one that is Light Pewter like my wife's car. Is this car currently on Ebay? There was a red one on Ebay a couple of years ago and it had both stripes and just looked way too busy on the side with both on it. We saw one here in OKC that was brown with white stripes and it was not very attractive. We later found out it was totalled. This picture you have posted has got me wondering exactly how many of these Ford did this way? And what they called that particular stripe. Hmmm. The search continues. My wife's car does not like too much being finished, I just always shove it to the back burner to work on someone else's Mustang and she is getting tired of that. 71Mach351, thanks for posting that pic. I love that Grabber Green.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a car like that a couple of weeks ago! Wait a minute...It was YOUR car! Thanks to DW for introducing me to this site -

Is DW still around? Does he still have this car? This is the Twin of the Yoo-hoo car. Check it out:

2ivo4k9.jpg

o6k66v.jpg

15oi4py.jpg

You wouldn't believe how much Yoo-Hoo I drank to try and win this car. You looked under the cap and it would've said "Winner 1971 Mustang" I almost shit my pants when I had a winning cap LOL! But, under my cap, was the word "Winner YooHoo Shoulder Pads" :( Anyhow, the description of this car says the owners installed "Removable Trans-Am racing stripes" Could be Factory installed or sent out to one of their specialty shops to intall these Trans-Am decals. Still very cool and a part of History I'd say.

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: from Mustang Oklahoma. Dennis, Glad you decided to join us here. You bring a lot of experience and knowledge with you. Chuck

WELCOME aboard, DW!

GREAT looking Mustang. I shared the picture with the First Lady and even she was impressed. Gives me some more ideas relative to the paint job that I will be putting on my '73.

I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

Again, Welcome!

BT

FastnNefarious,

Is the red car yours? Did you buy it on ebay from Chockostang? Also, do you have any documentation about these cars being won from YooHoo? Still seeking info and documentation on our car. No mention of the stripe on the Eminger invoice.

any info is appreciated.

FastnNefarious,

Is the red car yours? Did you buy it on ebay from Chockostang? Also, do you have any documentation about these cars being won from YooHoo? Still seeking info and documentation on our car. No mention of the stripe on the Eminger invoice.

any info is appreciated.
Hi DW,

Nope, not my car :( Didn't know Chockostang owned this car. No documentions about the YooHoo winner. Here's a link though about the car:

http://www.hallmotorsllc.com/viewlisting-sold.php?listing_id=81125

I bet these stripes was yet another promotional option provided by Ford back in the days. They did it with the Sun Roof, Rumble seat, and now that a picture of your wife's car has surfaced, I believe they did it with these decals. Thought only the YooHoo car had these stripes and they were custom made just for him, I stand corrected. Maybe only a handfull of each were ever made and more than likely by a person who worked for Ford like a manager or mechanic. Joint efforts with Autocraft out of Dearborn Michigan made the Rumble Seats and American Sun Roof out of Southgate Michigan did the sunroofs. More than likely your Trans-Am decal company is somewhere in Michigan. Find this and your search is over. Good Luck Dennis!

DJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back