• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

In need of one rim

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe
Hey guys, anyone have a steel rim laying around they don't need? One of the Western Cyclone's currently on my stang isn't holding air (I believe it's been painted too many times.) and I'm tired of filling it up every week. Don't care about the condition of the steel rim; just need something I can slap some used rubber on to let it sit. Thanks for any help!

Hey guys, anyone have a steel rim laying around they don't need? One of the Western Cyclone's currently on my stang isn't holding air (I believe it's been painted too many times.) and I'm tired of filling it up every week. Don't care about the condition of the steel rim; just need something I can slap some used rubber on to let it sit. Thanks for any help!
Save yourself some serious shipping charges and go to a local salvage yard. I have used late model Ford Ranger pickup wheels (with tires) for rollers. I have used some Lincoln Mk VII wheels with tires that work great too. I'd bet many on here have found others that work great too!

Ray

[Homer Simpson voice] "Mmmmm... Western Cyclones.... sexy!" ::thumb::

Save yourself some serious shipping charges and go to a local salvage yard. I have used late model Ford Ranger pickup wheels (with tires) for rollers. I have used some Lincoln Mk VII wheels with tires that work great too. I'd bet many on here have found others that work great too!

Ray
Didn't think we had any salvage yards close to me but you prompted me to do a search and surprisingly I have one right down the road! So I'm going to hit it up this weekend and see if they have anything cheap. Thanks for the advice Ray. And now I know where to ship the car once the rust completely over-takes it!

Yeah, pretty sure I'm not going to keep the Cyclone's but I'm a LONG way from worrying about the rims I have on this thing. :)

Back