Research Question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

73QCodeGrande

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q-Code Grande
A few years back I spoke with a judge at an all mustang show. He said he worked with Kevin Marti. He told me that there were only a handful of 73 Q code coupes left registered in the US. Being that the production numbers were low (only 548 produced in 73) I guess its possible.

I have tried to research this and continue to run into a brick wall. I would like to know just how many are in a "handful".

Is there any way to research this on my own without going thru Marti?

With all due respect to Bo and ISO Mustangs, their registry numbers aren't that high for the '71-73s. Site also doesn't take VINs down properly the last I tried.

I don't know where this judge is getting his information from, unless he has access to some sort of database for presently registered VIN numbers.

Basing one's assessment upon a poor turnout of 1973 Q-code coupes at MCA meetings is not a good sample size.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Marti's Mustangs By the Numbers states that there were 325 4-speed and 739 automagic 73 Q-code coupes.

Marti's Mustangs By the Numbers states that there were 325 4-speed and 739 automagic 73 Q-code coupes.

Midlife - You have to be careful with the data. I have learned the hard way...

The numbers you are quoting are listed for hardtops =

coupes (01 body type) and Grandes (04 body type) combined.

Ray

Midlife - You have to be careful with the data. I have learned the hard way...

The numbers you are quoting are listed for hardtops =

coupes (01 body type) and Grandes (04 body type) combined.

Ray
Correct. In which I am searching specifically Grande Coupes. http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehicles/mump_0809_1973_mustang_grande_hardtop/

I was in hopes of finding out how many are left.

I too would like to know how many of my Grandes are still left.

1971 M-code with toploader, only made 100 according to Marti.

I registered with "insearchofmustangs" but can't view the

registry. I have a username and password but they tell me I

am unverified so can't get anywhere.

*** I was able to get in with the help of the board's mod.

There are four M-code Grandes listed with one having

a C6 and the other three don't say.

mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an idea - you might get with your local vehicle insurance agents.

They should have the contacts or access to a database that will show similar vehicles currently registered/insured for driving on the road.

You and or your agent could contact the major classic car insurers; Grundy's, Haggerty's, etc.

I am not aware of a public data repository for this type of info. If someone on here does - PLEASE share!

Ray

Back