Greetings from West TN

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
I had discovered this forum from the Mach1.com forum and wanted to drop in and introduce myself and gain some new 71-73 Mach 1 contacts. I have had my 72 Mach 1 as my first car at age 15 and have completed a budget restoration in high school so I could drive it. I am now undergoing a complete nuts & bolts restoration. The car just recently underwent extensive frame a sheetmetal replacement to get rid of the ravages of midwest salt where I lived when I bought her in 1984. She has not seen salt since then, but the damage was already done and only progressed over the years while in storage. I will include a few photos to introduce myself. My car was originally sold in Ogden, UT in January 1972, build date of 12/23/71. It was ordered from a customer order and not to inventory. Here are stats on my girl:

3510-2v H-Code

Mach 1

Medium Lime Metallic - 4F

Black Deluxe Interior

Competition Suspension Pkg

AM 8 Track stereo

Front spoiler rear wing

FMX Automatic

9" 3:00 open diff.

Single exhaust

Sport Wheel Covers

I look forward to sharing and learning with the forum as I complete my concours driven restoration.

84 picture 6.jpg

1984 When I bought her. Total cost $600

72 Mustang 097.jpg

Just Before teardown in 2010.

Graverobbers 009.jpg

Coming home from Atlanta 02/18/2011

72m8.jpg

Example of what the end product will look like.

Goal is a completion date of January 2014. Ready for the 50th Anniversary.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard! Keep us posted on the project!!

::welcome::

WELCOME aboard!

Where are you in Southwest Tennessee? I, too, am located in Southwest Tennessee...in Memphis.

It sounds as if you have some GREAT plans for your Mustang. I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

Again, Welecome!

BT

Welcome!, I love the color. I'm partial to green myself.

Marty

WELCOME aboard!

Where are you in Southwest Tennessee? I, too, am located in Southwest Tennessee...in Memphis.

It sounds as if you have some GREAT plans for your Mustang. I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

Again, Welecome!

BT
Memphis??? isnt that in Arkansas??? :D:D

Hey BK from west Tn..... newbie here too and a misplaced Tinhhuhcee'n myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, parts of East Arkansas should probably be a part of Memphis!

Separated from Memphis only by the Mississippi River, there is a town in Arkansas named West Memphis.

Of course, we can also claim some parts of Northwestern Mississippi as suburbs of Memphis since Memphis sits in the extreme Southwestern corner of Tennessee.

Memphis is the regional "employer" with many Arkansans and Mississippians commuting to Memphis for their jobs. Yes, I am very, very PROUD of my hometown:)!

BT

Welcome from a former Tennesseean. Good looking car, it'll look sweet whit new green paint. Mine was white, then orange, now faded red (when I bought it last month). The next paint color will be white again. :)

Separated from Memphis only by the Mississippi River, there is a town in Arkansas named West Memphis.

Of course, we can also claim some parts of Northwestern Mississippi as suburbs of Memphis since Memphis sits in the extreme Southwestern corner of Tennessee.

Memphis is the regional "employer" with many Arkansans and Mississippians commuting to Memphis for their jobs. Yes, I am very, very PROUD of my hometown:)!

BT
Best Blues and Pork BBQ 4 sure:exclamation:

BT
Best Blues and Pork BBQ 4 sure:exclamation:
We were there to donate from a fund raiser to the hospital and had 20 scooters. Best BBQ I ever had ....didn't get to drink much beer ... er i mean listen any blues. and well that's just not a good combo with scooters. So we opted for the bbq and cokes. Been in Memphis many times, know the area pretty well. I put up all the signs on 55 and the bypass back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back