Going to the track

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trainey

Reaction score
My Car
1972 H-code Mach1
2010 GT Premium
2004 F150- The "home depot" machine
2018 HD RoadGlide Ultra
Well, I'm gonna do something I have never done before and take the Mach to a local track. I'm really not a drag racer, but I am about to swap out the original 351 2V for the bored 4V higher performance engine. I want to get a comparison of current (original) stats, then I'll go run it again after. Kind of exciting, fortunately the track today is just open to "test and tune", no actual racing , so this complete amateur won't be holding up any serious racers..I hope! Should be fun!

I took my car to my local track, it was fun. I also learned how poorly the 8" conventional differential with 3.0 gears performed following my engine rebuild, i.e., one wheel was doing all the work and the quarter panel and wheel well were coated in tire rubber. (At times when my C4 was shifting gears it was like I was on ice. -- no traction!)

I have since put a 9" with 3.50 with Auburn differential and I know it would be perform better at track -- but haven't made it back yet. Once I get my transmission fixed/replaced I will have it timed again.

I have already converted to 3.50 traction lok. Outside of that, stock 2V with headers, and Pertronix ignition module, FMX trans.

Ah, reread original post 'I am not really a drag racer'.

Okay, let's make this fun. stock 351 2v fmx headers and 3.50 rear. I will guess 14.8

Any others?

Have fun at the drags!

Well not quite that good. Its and 1/8 mi track.

Best times:

60ft 2.37

1.8 mi- 10.236, 72.52mph

First time for me, getting the reaction time down is a b@tch.

Back