Great find, this site!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dalebfast

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Grande'
Hi everybody!

My name is Dale, I'm a dad with 5 great kids, I live in Bakersfield, CA. Famoso is my home track, hope to drive my '72 Grande' soon. It's been sitting since '04, when I noticed water in the oil... ugggh! So I used that as an excuse to build my dream motor: 351c remanufactured block from PAW, ported and polished aussie heads and roller cam kit from Powerheads. Ross forged 9.5/1 pistons, milodon camgear drive, weiand single plane topped with a Demon 750, MSD ignition... etc. When I went to install the motor I couldn't get it to fit. So it sat for years. Last year, it turns out the motor mount was 'off' by a little bit. Needless to say, I have been busting my butt to get the motor running... Lots of work to get it driveable, but that won't be long now. Time has taken it's toll on the car, too. These pictures were taken yesterday!!

Dale:cool:

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Looks like a good car to start with. Be sure to post a pin on our member map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.

Welcome from West Texas! Looks like it's gonna be a fun car! ::thumb::

Wow, what a welcome! Thanks everybody. First, no my kids didn't come wander out to the garage and try and learn a thing or two. When I was wrestling that motor/tranny in-out over n over, they helped. But they arent going to GET the car. I think it's gonna have a bit too much power for a 19 yo girl!! I am getting really close to starting that motor...

Dale:cool:

Welcome from Washington State, I know the Bakersfield area well, went to a couple of concerts there as a teen. Did my teen age years in the valley working on farms.

Jim

Welcome from Phoenix. Did you get the motor running yet? That is a long time for it to sit. The assembly lube is probably not in the best of shape. In the very least I would pull the lifters and reapply some assembly lube to them. The prime the oil pump again and turn the motor over by hand while you are priming it. Break in will be important.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from the heart of Texas, you have a great looking car to start with and the motor will be perfect for a 19 year girl. This might just get her into muscle cars and will be the next generating of car guys/girls. My daughter learned how to burn rubber with me on the passenger side. Now all her boy friends are looking at her. (Lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back