Off to Media Blasting

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Coupe
2001 Coupe
Not much to many, but it's a big deal to me that we finally got the 72 off to the media blaster today. I'm so eager to start welding instead of drilling out welds, grinding, wheeling and sweeping up after her.

New...clean...pics in the garage on Wednesday.

Mark

100_4843.jpg

Not much to many, but it's a big deal to me that we finally got the 72 off to the media blaster today. I'm so eager to start welding instead of drilling out welds, grinding, wheeling and sweeping up after her.

Mark
Wow! Now that is a rebuild! Best of luck, and u guys sure inspire!

Mark
Mike..congrats !!! Nice to see your doing the right thing ! It is a big deal & you should be proud!! I know the feeling ! Been there...& I'm still there :rolleyes: But I've only got 1 more structual part to put in, the pass side floor..As always should you need any advice etc..Just post up or email me, again Congrats !!!!!

looks like your doing a great job there I'm jealous. If only we had a garage that I could work on the car in the winter time, I would take that route also. just don't want to get stuck with a half finished car in the driveway once winter hits. We are planning on either building one or moving to another house with a garage eventually. In the meantime got to make do with what I got.

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like your doing a great job there I'm jealous. If only we had a garage that I could work on the car in the winter time, I would take that route also. just don't want to get stuck with a half finished car in the driveway once winter hits. We are planning on either building one or moving to another house with a garage eventually. In the meantime got to make do with what I got.
Eric have you looked into 1 of thesehttp://www.sheltersofnewengland.com/downloads/prepack/12%20WIDE%20ROUND.pdf

I have the 12 x 20 x 8 from this co for about 11 years now..I've done plenty of work during the winter inside mine & all I use for heat is this http://www.ruralking.com/4-000-18-000-btu-big-buddy-heater.html?utm_medium=google&utm_source=cse&cvsfa=1908&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=303630353330313833 18,000 btu's Stay's toasty warm almost too hot..I run it on half after the garage is heated up..What alot of guys do is insulate the inside with dow foamboard (pink or blue) So for about a grand you have a work shop in a box..worked for me for a long time ! Just an option. this co makes the best ones all the other cheap knock offs don't compare.

Scott

Thanks, guys! Appreciate the support. Scott, I'm especially appreciative of the "bread crumbs" you're leaving along the trail up ahead. Hoping to stay on the path you've blazed.

I'll let you see just how clean she looks tomorrow.

Back from blasting and into a light primer coat today. Having a hard time adding these to my garage pics, so I'm posting a couple here.
Lookin good! Thanks for the pics of the cowl area. I haven't got mine off yet, but your's shows that the only hole that should be there on an A/C car is the passenger side? Thats where mine is rotted, and the A-pillar.

Back from blasting and into a light primer coat today. Having a hard time adding these to my garage pics, so I'm posting a couple here.
Lookin good! Thanks for the pics of the cowl area. I haven't got mine off yet, but your's shows that the only hole that should be there on an A/C car is the passenger side? Thats where mine is rotted, and the A-pillar.
Thanks! That's correct. Glad you found the pic helpful. As you can see, I've opened it up like a tin can, so let me know if I can snap a pic of anything else in particular for you.

Mark

Back