Rim Preference...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you choose?

• Slots

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Magnums

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • S/S

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Keystones

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Gonzo1970

Reaction score
My Car
72 Coupe
I've been looking at Rims for this 1972 Coupe I'm probably going to end up owning here shortly.

I cant decide.. In my opinion, they all look good.

Decided on 15x8's. 245/60 front, 275/60 rear.

(Prices include tires)

American Racing Ansen Sprint ($1,050)

Magnum 500 ($1,250)

Cragar S/S ($1,075)

Cragar Keystone Classics ($1,280)

If you Had to choose from those four, which would it be?

-Gonz

I voted slots because I always liked them since I first saw them on the Starsky and Hutch Torino.

Magnums are fine too but they are the obvious choice, so.....

You didn't list Torq Thrusts, that would have been my #1 vote. :)

Keystone Classics have always been a favorite of mine. I always wanted a set back in the 70's, but my disposable income always went somewhere else.

I'm happy with the original 73 aluminum slots I have now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I'm with luxstang on the torq thrusts , I"ll probably do the switch when I have the coin.

I voted magnums as well but had Keystone Klassics on the 73. They looked awesome. Period correct.

I voted slots because I always liked them since I first saw them on the Starsky and Hutch Torino.

Magnums are fine too but they are the obvious choice, so.....

You didn't list Torq Thrusts, that would have been my #1 vote. :)
Took driver's ed in a Starkey & Hutch Torino, had a blast. ...

I voted for the slots but not the stock 73 style. I really liked the 17x8 Ansen Sprints I saw years ago. Kickin myself for not buying a set when they were still available. Now they are impossible to even find a set.

Well wouldn't ya know I say I am looking for a set and they are available on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lined up the 4 sets on similar Mustangs for the Signifigant Other - She voted Magnums.

Personally, I was leaning towards the slots, but thats probably the penny pincher in me coming out..

Thanks for the help!

-Gonz

I picked S/Ss because that's what I'm going with on mine.

Front: 15x8 with 245/60-R15 BFGs... Rear: 15x10 with 295/50-R15 BFGs. Can't go wrong with "old skool!" ;) :D

I would pick the Magnum 500's for the originality look. I would pick the slotted mags, because they were real popular back in the day, and last I would pick the Torq thrust II (not listed as one of your choices) because they look so darned good on our body style. The one thing I would recommend reguardless of the wheel you choose, is to install 15 x 7's on the front instead of 15 x 8's. You will find the car is easier to turn and won't expeience much (if any) tire rub. Just my opinion. Good luck with your decision!

Front: 15x8 with 245/60-R15 BFGs... Rear: 15x10 with 295/50-R15 BFGs. Can't go wrong with "old skool!" ;) :D
Eric, 15's - must be a typo ... I figured you would go with ... 22's :p :angel: :dodgy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric, 15's - must be a typo ... I figured you would go with ... 22's :p :angel: :dodgy:
::tease:: ::blah::

My tastes have changed over the years. I had "Starsky and Hutch" slots on my 69 Mach back in the day. I have ALWAYS loved Keystone Classics, but in the end, at my current stage in life, I now prefer the Magnum 500's.

Back