Sound off if you have a Boss 351 or '72 R-code

The B1 is out of California and I am aware of 2 previous owners  but they both just turned the car. Don't know of any way to research previous owners in California.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a Boss 351 that I bought from a guy named Gene in August 1978 in Springfield Missouri. Been stored since, am now retired and going to start refurbishing the ole gal. She’s silver and black; mos

Interestingly the VIN of Mike429cj's B1 is one earlier than the VIN of my Boss (1F02R146446). How many miles does Jonnywrench's Boss indicate? When you say that it is all there, does it have the origi

Posted Images

You could get a Marti report and locate the original owner who might be able to continue the string. Regarding the restoration, if you have the Autolite 4300 D carburetor, then the other items will be much less problematic to obtain. There are members following these posts that may well have the items you mentioned.

• 1 month later...

I wish I had written down the VINs of the three R Codes I have seen here besides the ones my Dad owns. One was featured in Mustang Monthly in 80s or 90s, I think with the muscle at auction boom it left the state. The second I came across for sale in 97 for $3500 and I had a baby on the way and wasn’t able to buy it. The third is nothing but a shell in a hollow behind a local ford guys house engine and trans are gone.

Ref the 3rd one mentioned above.  Was it near Washington WV?

Link to my 72 Q code: pics added 2/16/19

https://www.supermotors.net/registry/28719/88030-2

Link to my now sold 72 H.O

https://www.supermotors.net/registry/5858

My 70 Boss racecar

https://www.supermotors.net/registry/6520

• 2 months later...

I have a Boss 351 that I bought from a guy named Gene in August 1978 in Springfield Missouri. Been stored since, am now retired and going to start refurbishing the ole gal. She’s silver and black; most important she’s all there🤠

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Jonnywrench said:

I have a Boss 351 that I bought from a guy named Gene in August 1978 in Springfield Missouri. Been stored since, am now retired and going to start refurbishing the ole gal. She’s silver and black; most important she’s all there🤠

Great! Glad to hear another awesome B1 has been unearthed and will be restored to its former glory!

Can you share the VIN and some pictures? Here’s mine.

1F02R146445 alive and well in Texas!

4ADFB830-99E3-483C-8654-D6578F5DFDE8.thumb.jpeg.90ec008acd7ed569a24fffb1d9467bfe.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jonnywrench said:

Interestingly the VIN of Mike429cj's B1 is one earlier than the VIN of my Boss (1F02R146446). How many miles does Jonnywrench's Boss indicate? When you say that it is all there, does it have the original Autolite 4300D carburetor, original distributor, space saver spare, rev limiter etc? Has the vehicle previously undergone an engine refurbishing/ Does it have the original camshaft? Ther is a lot to being "all there". Thank you for advising the forum of your vehicle.

Edited by sojfride40
Assumed wrong VIN
  • Like 1