Convertible torque plate

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible 351c 2V
Well...

I seem to have lost my torque plate. I was going to re-install after I had an H-pipe put in between my dual exhaust... but I cannot find it.

The last time I knew I had it was when I had the rear end swapped. It was in the trunk, but now it isn't.

Is there a source for these, or should I just have someone fabricate something?

And is "torque plate" the correct term?

Either a part out or have someone make one. I can take pics, measurements and even trace it onto a piece of cardboard if you want. Mine is out now.

Should be easy to fabricate.

I started calling it a 'torque plate'. Not sure if that is the right term.

Thanks for the offer! I need to search the garage more. I can't believe I lost it... Unless the shop that did my rear end misplaced it. It was in my trunk with all the rear end parts when I took it there

They are the same as the ones used on 65-66 mustangs. If that opens up other sources for you.
I cannot vouch for the accuracy of that statement, but if it is true, NPD sells them for $42.50 (part 010962-1A). Ford Master Parts Catalog confirms this part was used from 65 through at least 72.

Well... I feel sorta stupid. I was sure the place that swapped the gears in rear-end lost it.

I had it up on jacks to change the oil, and wouldn'cha know it.... they didn't lose it, they installed it.

It's funny, because I had asked them to install an H-Pipe connector in my exhaust and put the torque plate back on (the prior owner had it in the trunk).

When I picked up the carlast Fall, the invoice said nothing about working the exhaust, so I asked if they did it. They said, no, you (meaning me) had said you might do some engine work and put on headers next summer, so we didn't do the H pipe. I just assumed they didn't install the torque plate either.

My 69 conv tunnel plate is identical to my 73 vert....almost any year may work, probably include cougars in that search criteria to find one.

Back