I met Ponypastor (Tim) today. Anyone else met another member?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
I met Tim in person today & bought a couple of spare parts he had for sale. He's a super nice guy and drives a cool 30 year old Thunderbird as his daily driver.

I look forward to catching up with him again in a few weeks when I'm back down in Tampa. Also looking forward to seeing his 72.

In 6 weeks or so I'll be in Tnfstbk's area and may get to see the March cover car in person.

Anyone else meet another member in person?

I almost forgot this one...it was happenstance at the gas station. I met another forum member (on the VW TDIClub forum) who was filling up his VW TDI & we started talking.

So that's two members in one day. :)

Unless you guy's come north of the border, I will only be able to meet Canadian members. {did some things I shouldn't of in the past} Unless I get a waiver that will last 2 years. But I would need a really good reason to get one they are over 1000$. And not that I wouldn't want to go see you guy's but I can think of a lot of places to put that 1000$.

There is talk between me and Tn to meet up in Niagara falls this summer and white soc was into it also he lives like 20 minutes away from there or something like that. So we'll see what the sunshine brings. And if any of you folks want to visit the capital of Canada my door and fridge are always open.

Unless you guy's come north of the border, I will only be able to meet Canadian members. {did some things I shouldn't of in the past} Unless I get a waiver that will last 2 years. But I would need a really good reason to get one they are over 1000$. And not that I wouldn't want to go see you guy's but I can think of a lot of places to put that 1000$.

There is talk between me and Tn to meet up in Niagara falls this summer and white soc was into it also he lives like 20 minutes away from there or something like that. So we'll see what the sunshine brings. And if any of you folks want to visit the capital of Canada my door and fridge are always open.
J'ai pensé la capitale du Canada a été Toronto?

Appreciate the invite, I've been to Niagara Falls a couple times, beautiful! Molson, or LaBatts?

J'ai pensé la capitale du Canada a été Toronto?

Appreciate the invite, I've been to Niagara Falls a couple times, beautiful! Molson, or LaBatts?
first the capital of the province of Ontario is Toronto but the Capital of Canada is Ottawa. Second only micro brewery or imported beers in my house {no Molson no labbats no Coors and no Budweiser unless the bud is straight from the Czech republic. It is sold under the name Czechvar here in Canada. I"m picky when it comes to beer. I treat beer like some people treat fine wine hahaha rofl

I hope we can get some meets going as early as this summer, but I think we will need some more members before we can get some big meets going! :D

I've also met Tim (ponypastor). We live in the same area, and he made me a super deal on a rear trim panel. We had a nice conversation about his "million mile" T-bird, a driver in simply amazing original condition. Great guy.

Since you guys are talking fine wine a little after the above quote (okay it was more about beer but anyway), if you do intend to meet up in Niagara Falls I highly suggest you and your spouses head to Niagara-On-The-Lake and check out Lailey Vineyards and then Strewn Vineyards for lunch, a bit pricey but wives and girlfriends will definitely enjoy the ambience. At the very least, there would be some great backgrounds for 71-73 Mustang pics.

Hmmm. A 71-73 Mustangs.com meet in Niagara?

Since you guys are talking fine wine a little after the above quote (okay it was more about beer but anyway), if you do intend to meet up in Niagara Falls I highly suggest you and your spouses head to Niagara-On-The-Lake and check out Lailey Vineyards and then Strewn Vineyards for lunch, a bit pricey but wives and girlfriends will definitely enjoy the ambience. At the very least, there would be some great backgrounds for 71-73 Mustang pics.

Eric seems we have a volunteer for a tour guide.

Give my girl a 12 pack and she will be the happiest girl around hahahaha

I actually drink more beer now because of her.

I've also met Tim (ponypastor). We live in the same area, and he made me a super deal on a rear trim panel. We had a nice conversation about his "million mile" T-bird, a driver in simply amazing original condition. Great guy.

Tim (Ponypastor) here to say thanks for all the generous comments from the fellows I've met recently. First, forgive the delay in responding. I have been unable to access this website from my desktop at home---don't have any of the root problem. I've tried for about a week or so. I'm accessing now using my laptop at my (church) office. Must be aproblem located in my desktop PC.

Normally don't use the laptop for personal stuff, though its OK to do so.

Secondly, it has been enjoyable to meet up personally with like-minded 71-73 owners. Thanks for the comments. If you are in FL, don't hesitate to look me up. If you have time and our schedules permit, I'll take you out to dinner/lunch or whatever. Then, take some parts off my hands if you can use them. Bottom-low prices. Just trying to get rid of the pile and help others in their restoration pilgrimmage.

Enjoying the journey of mercy and grace.

Tim

St. Petersburg, FL

Give my girl a 12 pack and she will be the happiest girl around hahahaha

I actually drink more beer now because of her.

Well if white soc lives close to Niagara he is probably better for a guide for you guys but I'm willing to try...(Don't know that my convertible could make that trip yet though) However, as far as other beverages go I think Niagara has its share of good small breweries too.

Thought this one might appeal to you guys and significant others.

1710_l.jpg

Well a cruise down the Niagara parkway in the Mustang is always a great thing to do....and as my wife and I found out there are over 300 wineries in Southern Ontario(lol and no I didn't find each one of them .....don't think my liver would take it).

In Hamilton every thursday night during the summer we have a cruise night that was voted the best venue in Southern Ontario for a car show....we have live entertainment from July-Sept and average around 350 cars a night (I know its not huge compared to some shows I've seen in the states but it's not from lack of cars more like running out of space to park em).

Can't remember who posted about Toronto being the capital of Canada.....no they're not ...Ottawa is....Toronto only thinks they're centre of the universe!:whistling:

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back