Brake pad recommendations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugbyguytx

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q Code Stang.
I finally saved up enough to follow all the great advice on here and ordered 4 new tires, rims and kit for the 72' mach1 stang. I am going to not assume but go ahead and replace the brake pads in the front and shoes in the back. Any suggestions where some of you have picked up brake parts in the past?

Is it as simple Autozone and get the best brake pads/shoes they offer?

Ceramic pads are pretty much the standard any more. Semi metallic pads are more noise prone and can cause irregular rotor wear.

I love Rock Auto. Get premium brand parts for the same money as parts chain stores on their generic brands. You will usually need to wait for items to get shipped in from a warehouse anyways, so you may as well just have them delivered to your door.

Drop, MeZapU thanks! I will look at both and figure out which way is the best route (cost). Doesn't really matter anyway. I bought the rims and tires from CJPonyParts. They finally arrived and they shipped the wrong size, and put the rims on the wrong tires... sigh..

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered Hawk pads for mine through CJ Pony Parts. Haven't received them yet, so can't report on how well they work.
Hawk pads are excellent. You'll be cleaning your wheels more often than you think, though.

Back