Vote for Your Favorite 7173Mustangs.com Theme  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for Your Favorite 7173Mustangs.com Theme

• Race Day
    • Lights Out
    • Knudsen
    • GoMobile

Question

Ok guys...you probably have noticed the different theme colors popping up on the forums over the weekend! Now is your chance to vote for your favorite theme and the winner will be set as forum default! If you didn't get a chance to see the different themes, you can scroll down to the Board Style chooser at the bottom of every forum page and select a different theme to try. Your choices are:

Race Day (medium)

Lights Out (dark)

Knudsen (light)

Knudsen is brand new but I was able to update some of the code for the other two themes so it doesn't matter which theme is chosen as default...it is mainly personal preference! So go ahead and vote for your favorite 7173Mustangs.com flavor!

spacer.png

25 answers to this question

Race day seems to be the easiest to view. Knudsen has a nice color palet but is too much white. I do like that layout the best. Lights out would be my favorite but the white text has too much contrast against the black background. GoMobile...eh.

Good job putting these together for us to have choices. Thanks!

spacer.png

I like the "classic" 7173mustangs-look the most - it is the best readable for long...!

Tim

::thumb::

Me too. I guess I'm just one of those weirdos that settles into a routine and likes to stay there.

"Raceday" needs just a tiny bit more work - the menu items in the bars (View New Posts, View Today's Posts, View Unread Posts... etc.) all need a 'space' character before and after each entry ("%20" in HTML) for better separation (or 2 spaces after each, to keep them anchored to the left margin). Increasing the "padding" of the cells will help, but make the toolbars thicker as well as separating the cells a bit.

The others are a little too much contrast for me - nicely done... just take some getting used to.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Race day seems to be the easiest to view. Knudsen has a nice color palet but is too much white. I do like that layout the best. Lights out would be my favorite but the white text has too much contrast against the black background. GoMobile...eh.

Good job putting these together for us to have choices. Thanks!

No doubt, each theme has it's good perks as well as downsides. Choices are what's important!

GoMobile is a lite mobile theme only...it isn't designed to be pretty, LOL...just functional.

spacer.png

I like the "classic" 7173mustangs-look the most - it is the best readable for long...!

Tim

::thumb::

Me too. I guess I'm just one of those weirdos that settles into a routine and likes to stay there.

"Raceday" needs just a tiny bit more work - the menu items in the bars (View New Posts, View Today's Posts, View Unread Posts... etc.) all need a 'space' character before and after each entry ("%20" in HTML) for better separation (or 2 spaces after each, to keep them anchored to the left margin). Increasing the "padding" of the cells will help, but make the toolbars thicker as well as separating the cells a bit.

The others are a little too much contrast for me - nicely done... just take some getting used to.

Interesting...what browser are you using? On FF and IE, the spacing is spot on.

spacer.png

Race Day works best for this OF's eyes. A little lighter background would be nicer, just not as light as Knudsen.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Raceday for me too. I have to admit Lights Out was a close second.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

That's how it looks on Opera ... my browser gets no love though. Minus the admin cp and mod cp of course.

2cossj6.png

97 F150: wrecked, 96 Dodge 4x4: blown motor / donated to the base

88 Suburban 4x4 355 cid 8 inch lift: sold, 95 Celica 5 speed : sold

68 F750 391 cid : sold,  96 F350 7.3 diesel dually : sold

86 Chevy 1500 305 cid c1500: sold, 73 Mustang mach 1 466 cid 5 speed : under construction

89 F350 4x4 cummins swap : sold, 64 Dodge d600: gone

00 Excursion: traded, 72 Mustang mach 1 302: scrapped

73 Mustang coupe: scrapped, 73 ranchero gt

06 Honda crf 450x : sold, 04 Honda vtx 1800

88 Bronco xlt lariat: sold, 76 Charger: traded

95 F350 4x4: sold , 91 Crown Victoria 302: sold

02 Dakota: traded, 96 f250 powerstroke: parts truck

87 f700, 98 e350 powerstroke: sold

03 land rover: traded, 95 f350 dually: part out

95 f350 dually: traded, 94 f150 4x4: traded

97 f250: sold, 76 Maverick 302: sold

91 240sx rb25: sold, 86 firebird: sold

86 Trans Am: sold, 88 westernstar: sold

89 dodge d350: sold, 2000 Dakota 4x4: sold  

84 f350 3+3: sold, 90 bronco: partout

67 catalina, 64 chevy c60

64 jeep j200, 74 corvette stingray

79 Lincoln mark V, 2013 f350: goldilocks

Interesting...what browser are you using? On FF and IE, the spacing is spot on.

That might be the issue - the Air Force hasn't upgraded past IE8.

Yes, I can only test on IE9, 10 and 11...this is how it should look:

... And now it's fixed. Dunno what happened. It wasn't a big deal if it was only an IE8 thing - I use Firefox at home. ;) :D

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

I voted "RaceDay" simply because it´s easiest to read as others have posted here.

I really dig "lightsout", especially the flames in the background but the high contrast between background and writing is harsh. Same goes for "Knudsen".

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Race day for me.

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

The default, raceday, seemes fine to me I think lights out needs more tweaking if it were to be redone forever, that or atleast just leave it fo thise who want as their theme. Lights out really makes the pictures stand out on a post. But the banner would have to have that mach1 in colour for sure. This default just seems cozy to me really, pretty conservative not too flashy like if we were all back in the MySpace days..... Everyone remembers those days of long HTML coding lol.

Webmaster- keep the this classy look maybe just vamp it up some. Make the original post backgrounds a little lighter shade. OR!!! Invert the colors of original post from the quoted text Something to make everything distinguishable but not to the point where we have a website looking like skittles or zebra gum lol.

1972 Mach1 H-code 351C - 2V - bought 10/5/2010 still a headeache

1972 Grande coupe Inline 6 1bbl - dad bought in 90's Sold